can i get chance to refund the money from fake shopify

Solved

can i get chance to refund the money from fake shopify

stephy2
4 0 0

Sir, 

I have been dragged into this website "URL REMOVED BY MODERATOR" while I'm looking for part-time jobs ...and I saw this from Instagram and I thought this would be legitimate but they ask me invest money through recharge into my account and then I have to grab an order and after submitting the order I get my commission....this is the process they told me .... I've recharged up to 11,900 rupees till now they say for my next order I have to recharge for another 15,000 rupees... . can I get a chance to refund the amount. If I get back the money it will be definitely useful for me to buy a laptop. It really depressed me. please help me to recover the money. This is the whatsapp number of the tutor who guided me "Numbers removed by moderator"

Accepted Solution (1)

Don
Shopify Staff
2782 199 394

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there, @stephy2!

Thanks for sharing this report with us here and sorry to hear you find yourself in this unfortunate situation.

While I have been able to file a report internally over the use of the Shopify name and logo on this site we would not be able to assist you with regaining funds from any third-party site like this.

You may wish to consult a legal professional where you are or reach out to your local or national authorities if you wish to report a crime being committed against you.

Sorry again for your trouble and all the best! 

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Don
Shopify Staff
2782 199 394

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there, @stephy2!

Thanks for sharing this report with us here and sorry to hear you find yourself in this unfortunate situation.

While I have been able to file a report internally over the use of the Shopify name and logo on this site we would not be able to assist you with regaining funds from any third-party site like this.

You may wish to consult a legal professional where you are or reach out to your local or national authorities if you wish to report a crime being committed against you.

Sorry again for your trouble and all the best! 

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Fathima123
Visitor
2 0 1

Do you refund that money? I am trapped like this fake shopify. l'have recharged around 11,000 rupees.still now they say for my next order I have to recharge for another 16000 rupees...

If you recover that money please inform me.

This is whatsapp number of the tutor who guided me  83071 43140

Fathima123
Visitor
2 0 1
I have that money...please replay me
stephy2
4 0 0

I didn't get back my money yet. 

stephy2
4 0 0

Dear Fathima, 

Did you got the money... Then please tell me the process