Can I log into my control panel via VPN?

Lewis-H
Tourist
7 0 1

Yes, it is Ok to use VPN to update your website content. It won't cost you any trouble.

Regards,

Lewis

0 Likes
Churchyll
1 0 0
I'm from Nigeria and I wasn't able to pass the create a store name section when creating my Shopify account until I used a VPN and now after logging into my account they keeping showing me that my store is currently unavailable. Is the issue from the fact that I'm using a VPN and if so how do I rectify it because I can't log into my store without it
0 Likes
madroona
3 0 0

Thanks Don! I am connected to a group of new Shopify members who are being trained in eCommerce and many are struggling with seemingly random suspension from Google and many are nervous about using VPNs to access Shopify.  I will direct them to this link for edification that it is acceptable to Shopify to login (safely) via VPN, cheers!  drew..

0 Likes
Elucid116
4 0 0
My store recently got banned when I turned off my vpn during a session. Will it be recovered?
0 Likes
yujie
1 0 0

I used astrill vpn, and bought a private IP in Los Angeles, is this safe for my account when I log in my shopify panel?

0 Likes
RyanDuckland
Tourist
6 0 0

I think you will be fine. Never heard about any issues before

0 Likes
chloehug
5 0 0

Yes, but it depends on what VPN provider you're currently using. For example, many times before, it didn't work when I tried to access the panel with a VPN. The only one that it worked with was CyberGhost. I don't know what it is about it, maybe because it's more secure than other providers. That's why I got it, and I even paid an additional fee to get a static and clean IP. I think that's what made the difference since I used to have an IP address that was used by numerous people, which came in the standard package. It's nice that I can access the panel with it.

0 Likes