Can i make a Store to sell medic equipment?

HildaFD
Visitor
2 0 0

I want to know if i can use Shopify to make another online store where i want to sell Medic Equipment like intensive care ventilators, termometers and more

Replies 3 (3)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @HildaFD!

Questions on what a prospective merchant can or cannot sell on Shopify are quite complex, as they involve legal aspects. Because of this, Shopify can't provide advice to confirm what products or services are permitted to be sold on our platform.

In saying this, all stores on Shopify must comply with Shopify’s Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). This also includes complying with all applicable laws in your business' own jurisdiction, as well as your customers’ jurisdictions. Businesses that are looking to use Shopify Payments must also comply with the relevant Shopify Payments Terms of Service applicable to your particular jurisdiction.

We always suggest that prospective merchants seek independent legal advice if any questions arise in regards to:

1. Your business' compliance with Shopify's policies
  2. The legality of products or services in your specific jurisdiction or your customers’ jurisdictions

Do you currently have an online store selling medical equipments? If so, which platform are you currently with?

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

HildaFD
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you very much for you fast answer, the store is actually in woocommerce, but is not finished yet, and we have positive experience making stores with Shopify, so we wanna make the store again but this time using Shopify, and is betwen 300 - 500 products, like Electric Operating Table and Vital Signs Monitors, we can start with the basic plan right?

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

@HildaFD

Ah I see, glad to hear that you've had a positive experience with your other store on Shopify!

If you'd like to migrate this current store to Shopify, you can sign up for a 14-day free trial for it to start off with, before choosing a paid plan. You can sign up to the trial using the same email address of your other Shopify store if you'd like, as this makes it easier for you to switch between multiple Shopify stores from within your admin.

We also have a handy guide here with step-by-step instructions of how you can migrate your store from WooCommerce to Shopify.

Are you working with a developer to build your store?

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog