Can I pause my account so I can still open and see it but nobody else can.

Solved
BDAustralia
1 0 0

I would like to relaunch my website on Squarespace. It is ready to launch. However, I would like to pause the Shopify site so that only I can see it to refer back to details on it. How can I do this? 

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
tim
Shopify Expert
3040 170 1093

This is an accepted solution.

You can add a storefront password via Online Store => Preferences. (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/password-page#add-password-protection-to-your...)

Plus, I guess you'd want to re-assign your main domain  name to your new site, so your old one will only be accessible via ***.myshopify.com address

My post solved your problem? Like it!

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
epixelng
Shopify Partner
561 44 67

@BDAustralia May this help you. Click Here

Delight Loyalty - Increase repeat sales quickly and build lifelong customers loyalty.
tim
Shopify Expert
3040 170 1093

This is an accepted solution.

You can add a storefront password via Online Store => Preferences. (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/password-page#add-password-protection-to-your...)

Plus, I guess you'd want to re-assign your main domain  name to your new site, so your old one will only be accessible via ***.myshopify.com address

My post solved your problem? Like it!
Ivy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
399 32 45

Hi, @BDAustralia.

I am sorry to hear we are losing you from Shopify - can I ask what made you decide this? 

As for pausing your store: We have a full page of instructions on our pause plan(s) here. You will be able to access the store's theme by going to online store > theme > preview from your store's admin. I hope this helps!

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify 
- OOO until 19th May - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog