Can not receive email from shopify when I use custom email

Solved
INS
1 0 0

I have problem with email.
the first time, I sat up email with cs@gmail.com
all working well such as contact us.
but when i changed to no-reply@inspiromoda.com
all are not working, i can not received email testing from order and contact us.
but i have tested my private email send to no-reply@inspiromoda.com all good no poblem,
no-reply@inspiromoda.com can receive my email well.
i have tested with automizely, all work well, just problem with standart email from shopify.so what's wrong?
please,help me

thank you

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Hyde
Shopify Staff
1070 115 192

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @INS,

Hyde here from Shopify. That's interesting!

As I understand it, you initially set up your email to be a standard gmail.com (cs@gmail.com). You then changed it to no-reply@inspiromoda.com, which is an email provided by a third-party domain.

If you transfer your domain to Shopify, then you can set up an unlimited number of forwarding email addresses (for example, info@johns-apparel.com) for free.

However, if you're using a third-party domain that is simply connected (not transferred) to Shopify, you will want to check with your domain provider about why you're not receiving all emails to your third-party inbox.

One thing that might help would be to add an SPF record to your custom domain, which is super easy. Here's how:

1. Log in to your domain hosting account.
2. Find your TXT record, which usually appears beside the CNAME record and MX record.
3. Add Shopify's SPF record - `v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all` - to your domain's TXT record.
4. Save your changes.

If that doesn't work, then you will definitely need to reach out to your domain provider about this. Here's what you can tell them.

I hope this all helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)
Hyde
Shopify Staff
1070 115 192

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @INS,

Hyde here from Shopify. That's interesting!

As I understand it, you initially set up your email to be a standard gmail.com (cs@gmail.com). You then changed it to no-reply@inspiromoda.com, which is an email provided by a third-party domain.

If you transfer your domain to Shopify, then you can set up an unlimited number of forwarding email addresses (for example, info@johns-apparel.com) for free.

However, if you're using a third-party domain that is simply connected (not transferred) to Shopify, you will want to check with your domain provider about why you're not receiving all emails to your third-party inbox.

One thing that might help would be to add an SPF record to your custom domain, which is super easy. Here's how:

1. Log in to your domain hosting account.
2. Find your TXT record, which usually appears beside the CNAME record and MX record.
3. Add Shopify's SPF record - `v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all` - to your domain's TXT record.
4. Save your changes.

If that doesn't work, then you will definitely need to reach out to your domain provider about this. Here's what you can tell them.

I hope this all helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

cciluusa
1 0 0

Unable to receive email at shopify using custom email

Have issue receiving email through contact form.

We’ve just set up a new Shopify website. We’re unable to receive email via our contact form.  Hope you can assist us.

At the email setting,  Shopify instructed us to authenticate our domain, created 4 new records with your domain provider Godaddy.

“Navigate to the area of your domain provider settings for DNS management (this may be called a zone editor or cPanel).

In your domain provider’s site, create 4 new CNAME records with the host names and values below. (You do not need to edit the TTL settings).

Each new CNAME record should have one of each:

Record #1
Type.  CNAME
Host name   jyu._domainkey
Value.  dkim1.f788333158b0.p787.email.myshopify.com

Record #2
Type.   CNAME
Host name.  jyu2._domainkey
Value  dkim2.f788333158b0.p787.email.myshopify.com

Record #3
Type.  CNAME
Hostname.  jyu3._domainkey
Value.  dkim3.f788333158b0.p787.email.myshopify.com

Record #4
Type. CNAME
Host name.  mailerjyu
Value.  f788333158b0.p787.email.myshopify.com

The above was done at our server. Please see screenshot.

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 12.50.00 AM.png

However, we are still unable to receive the email.

The setting of our website:

Our website domain name is coming from Godaddy 

Our email server is with another company. We contacted the email service provider, they’ve instructed us to input the following on our server.  However, it still does not work.

MX

ccilu.com. 3599 IN MX 10 ms.mailcloud.com.tw.

ccilu.com. 3599 IN MX 20 x2.mailcloud.com.tw.

TXT

ccilu.com. 3599 IN TXT "v=spf1 include:_spf.mailcloud.com.tw ~all"

I’ve also included Shopify TXT.

ccilu.com. 3599 IN TXT "v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all"

Please help as it is important for our website to receive the email from the customers. 

Yatin_Singal
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

@Hyde 

Is there anyone from Shopify that can help us? This is becoming major issue. I had email forwarding set up from my Shopify hosted domain to my personal Gmail account for 5 years without any issue. 

Then suddenly last week, my incoming email volume in my Gmail account dropped significantly and customers started calling that they emailed me about something but that I never received in inbox, junk, spam etc. 

I tried to email my Shopify forwarding email address from multiple different accounts. Some emails get through and some don't. And the ones that do are delayed by almost 24 hours.

When I email my personal Gmail account directly everything works fine so the problem is definitely with the forwarding. 

What is going on? Please help me. 

Thanks,

Yatin

kendaljcooper
3 0 1

Did anyone get this resolved? Got the same issue......

dispo
1 0 0

same issue 🤦‍

Lanmond
1 0 0

Hyde, I have the same problem. originally the email with the store was going to my @gmail.com. My domain is with shopify. I set up email with zoho.com. after replacing the receiving email with @myshopifystore.com, i could not receive any email from the website contact us. or newsletter registration. could you please help me out? thank you.

Epleguten
2 0 0

Same problem here. After I included the four CNAME records to autenticate the domain, I no longer receive emails.