What to do if you can't access your inactive Shopify store due to email issues?

FT195
Visitor
1 0 0

I am trying to access an old store but due to the stores inactivity a code has been sent to the email address linked to it. The only problem is that I no longer have access to that email address as the domain no longer exists. Any help would be appreciated as I am wanting to use it for my new store.

Thanks

Replies 9 (9)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @FT195! Welcome to the Community, and thanks for starting this thread. 

I can help! For this type of situation, we need to enlist Shopify’s Accounts department to help us locate your old account, and look into regaining access to it. I’m happy to facilitate the process for you, therefore please keep your eye out for an email I am sending you now, and we can get started.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

7bff7
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem with my domain Glamorousbrandsforless.com which I bought, and all of my editing progress for my online store has been deleted after I reactivated my previous account.

I need help!

Thank you.

hiroyoshi
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem. Due to 3 months of inactivity and no longer owning my domain/email address I can not access my email to access the code sent for verification. I would appreciate your assistance as I need to access my store. Thank you in advance!

Kelly417
Visitor
1 0 0

I too am having this problem.  Business had an account before I started and now I can't access it.

(I can't authenticate through their email.)

Helen can you help me?!

Thanks!

Mushabasem
Visitor
1 0 0

I’m having the same problem please help

pzhou
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem.  Code has been sent to the email address that I no longer have access to. I'd like to have my store back. Thanks!

Scott63
Visitor
2 0 0

Did you ever get a response pzhou

Scott63
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm having the same problem. This needs to be addressed. Without a live chat or phone number there is no way to manage the settings on the inactive account.

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi all, 

Thanks for joining this thread, and sorry to hear you've been having troubles accessing your store. If you don't have access to the email address connected with your store, you'll require the help of our Support team to get this resolved for you. 

We are unable to provide account-specific support in the Community at this time, as Helen has done previously in this thread. That being said, our Support team will be happy to help.

To reach our Support team, follow the link to our Contact page, click continue without logging in to your store, search for the issue you need help with, for example "account login" then look for the option to Continue to get support. From there, you'll be able to speak with our team via live chat, email or callback request. Our Support team will then collect the required information, and if required, will escalate your request to the right team to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.