can't change text in product description for a few products

swaggr
Excursionist
22 0 4

Hello, need some help. I am changing the product description for my products. Unfortunately, after changing the information to half of them, the second half will not save. Even when I save the changes, it reverts back to what was previously written. I even tried to delete all of the language and after I saved it, it all came back. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
338 53 52

Hey @swaggr,

We don't currently have any open issues relating to the product editor, however, I'd like to take a further look into this to see what may be causing this.

Has this issue just started recently or have you not been able to save any product descriptions on your site at all? The reason I ask this is so we can pinpoint if the issue is a local network error or server-related. Ensure that you are saving your progress in the product editor as you go. You will not be able to see any changes on the website until the save button has been clicked. You will then need to refresh the preview webpage to see the updated changes.

Furthermore, I've got a few things for you to try out so we can pinpoint where the issue is stemming from:

1) Incognito/private mode on your browser - login to Shopify and see if you're able to save anything. If it works, it means your browser likely needs its cache cleared.

2) I suggest clearing your browser cache and make sure you are operating on the latest version of Google Chrome. When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites:

3) You can try using a different browser or device (like a phone) to see if you can make the changes. If it works in one browser and not the other, it's a browser issue and the cache needs to be cleared.

As you continue to customize and further develop your store, have you looked at ways you can also optimize your product page for increased sales? We have a fantastic blog post here that provides some top tips! Your brand is important everywhere, from social media images to your post-sale emails, but it’s especially important on your product pages.

Let us know how you get on with the steps above!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes