Can't publish to Ebay - Error "Failed to create offer"

CharmingTrendy
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi

Every item I try to publish to Ebay is given me the error "Failed to create offer" !

I think its to do with the payment policy section of the ebay channel as it still requires paypal, but as ebay manges my payments now its not needed.

Can't edit or delete the policy in Ebay oy shopify as this gives errors.

Have contacted the ebay team that deals with the shopify-ebay channel and waiting there reply.

I'm guessing that if you don't have managed payments is workin fine.

Has enyone else come across this problem ???

thanks.

Replies 8 (8)

Ben_Stevens
Tourist
10 0 1

Getting the same error, but to be honest the interface between Shopify and ebay seems to be so rubbish it doesn't surprise me in the least!

I have to publish every product at least twice, in different ways before they actually appear on ebay.

It's absolutely terrible!!

CharmingTrendy
Tourist
6 0 3
Hi,

What other ways are you trying, as I can't get anything to list ?

Ben_Stevens
Tourist
10 0 1
To be honest it’s so bloody confusing!

First you need to make sure the products are available on the ebay channel.
then I click the “Publish” menu under “ebay” in the Shopify left menu, then I “refresh product list” or something like that. That’ll make the products appear in the “ready to publish” list.
Then you can either check them in that list and click “Publish to ebay Great Britain (ebay.co.uk)” or you can go into each product individually and click “Save and Publish”.

Whichever you choose, it sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t, there’s no consistent behaviour I’ve found yet. You can also “Force sync from shopify” within each product which sometimes works, sometimes not.

That MIGHT move it into the Published category, but probably won’t enable all the attributes (e.g. for me selling t-shirts that’s stuff like Material, Theme, Department etc). You need to edit those in Shopify, ebay won’t let you do it there.
Also if you publish 10 products it generally only publishes about half of them. You’ll need to keep going back, searching for the ones that didn’t work and pushing them through again.

Sometimes they appear in Shopify, sometimes not. When they do finally appear, you can either change them individually or as a bulk edit. Sometimes it works sometimes not.

I’m at a bit of a loss to be honest because nothing works consistently. I work in IT and spent about 20 years as a programmer, yet I’ve never seen such a shoddy piece of work, ever.

Sorry if that’s just a rant and of no use to you. I’ve just spent hours trying to publish about 10 products. If ebay didn’t have such a monopoly I’d just not bother.

If it’s any consolation Amazon is even worse.

CharmingTrendy
Tourist
6 0 3

HI...

Thanks for that.

I was having a play, and as I have an Ebay business account I'm now on Ebays managed payments which does not use my paypal account, but in the ebay channel you have to include your paypal details.......

So I emailed ebay back to suggest that this is the problem and needs fixing or removing .........

BINGO.... The payment policy is now removed and im publishing and linking fine.

NO THANKS FROM EBAY......yet....

Hope it works ok for you now !

Peter

JimBurke
Tourist
6 0 3

Has anybody found a solution to this error?  Had some initial success with the eBay app, now it does not allow me to publish any new items?  Have tried to re-sync products in the app and removed the original payment policy (we recently updated to eBay payments) yet to no avail!

JimBurke
Tourist
6 0 3

Update:  Not sure exactly what fixed this issue but it now seems to work for this error. 

I did the following in eBay:

1. moved all products over to the new Payments policy that was setup once we moved to the new payments system on eBay

2. deleted the old payments policy

In Shopify:

1. Resynced all products

2. Used the bulk editor to publish to eBay Australia

Somehow that all worked??  Hope this helps someone

Rafael_09
Visitor
1 0 0

Getting the same error, but to be honest the interface between Shopify and ebay seems to be so rubbish it doesn't surprise me in the least!

I have to publish every product at least twice, in different ways before they actually appear on ebay.

It's absolutely terrible!!

Hi,
Did you get any good solution, I think I am facing similar kind of problem.
Shoplogy
Shopify Partner
20 0 12

All to do with Business Policies which have been updated, you need to go into the Payments Policy and you will see that it needs saving. Once that is done then it should work just fine.