Can't translate missing checkout text

Vedraninho
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Shopify gurus,

can someone help me, i can't find where to translate the text of missing checkout page and "Return to home page" isn't linked to the store home page but to https://checkout.shopify.com/shop. Maybe the link is good and it should redirect to the store but it's not doing that.

Missing checkout pageMissing checkout page

I tried finding it in Settings > Languages but it's not there. Googling didn't help either since i can't find anything about it. I suspected that the page don't know what store the checkout is tied to because it's missing but the store title is present.

Any help would be appreciated

Reply 1 (1)
Don
Shopify Staff
1601 107 216

Hi there @Vedraninho!

Thanks for outlining your query so clearly with us here in the Shopify Community.

I have tested translating this text in my own store and can confirm your suspicion that this text is not translatable via the Online store > Themes > Edit language functionality.

This is likely due to the nature of how the Shopify checkout is coded and would mean customisation specific to your store is not possible.

What I would like to do from here is to check on the behaviour of the button you mentioned in your checkout flow.

If you're happy to link me to where you see this button in your store or to outline how I can reproduce this behaviour in your store, we can check into what's happening there and how it should be working.

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog