Can you deactivate the order confirmation email?

JansenH
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi,

is it possible to deactivate the order confirmation mail in any way? Maybe in the upcoming update?

Regards
Jan

Replies 3 (3)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2513 230 533

Hi @JansenH,

No, it is not possible to disable the order confirmation email that is sent when a customer completes their order. This serves as the customer's receipt when their order is confirmed and it is automated so merchants don't need to worry about having to send this receipt themselves. May I ask why you are looking to disable it? Please note that you can edit your notification templates if you wish to change how these emails look and what is included in them.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

JansenH
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Victor,

thanks for your reply. We actually send the order confirmation and all other status mails from a different software. Therefore, it would be more consistent to generate everything from the software.

Otherwise, all other status mails can be turned off, right?

Regards
Jan

Victor
Shopify Staff
2513 230 533

Hi @JansenH,

Right, I see. It isn't possible to disable the order confirmation sent by Shopify so if you're planning on sending a separate order confirmation using a different software, you'll want to consider the differences between the two and how it'll work if the customer is receiving both. You could edit the default confirmation to be a more stripped down confirmation, for example, with the other one containing more information.

You can prevent shipping confirmation emails from being sent; the option to send these emails can be selected or deselected when fulfilling orders. There are other emails that are triggered by default when certain actions occur (such as an order being cancelled or refunded) which also cannot be disabled.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog