Solved

Cannot access store because lost access to domain server

DR23
Visitor
1 0 0

I am currently locked out of access to my website due to an unfortunate series of events. Originally, my domain was hosted on a third-party server that I did not control. The person who managed that server lost access, which resulted in my email addresses tied to the domain no longer working. Under typical circumstances this could be resolved, but due to extenuating circumstances the original server manager is now unavailable.

This puts me in a difficult position since I am now unable to authenticate or reset credentials tied to the inaccessible emails associated with my website and domain. As a result my account is completely locked at the moment. I have critical website files and designs stored that I now cannot reach, and my site is offline.

I am hoping there may be some way to verify my identity and regain access through support channels, as losing years of content and not having a website operational represents major professional and financial damage. I understand security protections may limit options, but want to appeal to discuss my situation with any available personnel or resources to see if there are alternative authentication options. Even being able to retrieve my existing website designs and content would enable me to rebuild things should I need to set up wholly new hosting and domain environments. Please advise if there are any suggested paths forward or individuals I should be coordinating with given these challenged circumstances.

Accepted Solution (1)

StephensWorld
Shopify Expert
1168 127 293

This is an accepted solution.

You'll need to reach out to Shopify's support team directly, to verify your identity and have them manually switch the email used to login. 

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

Hire me for your Shopify project @ stephens.world | support@stephensworld.ca

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

StephensWorld
Shopify Expert
1168 127 293

This is an accepted solution.

You'll need to reach out to Shopify's support team directly, to verify your identity and have them manually switch the email used to login. 

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

Hire me for your Shopify project @ stephens.world | support@stephensworld.ca