Cannot connect Business Manager

Solved
dtdwils
Tourist
6 0 3

Hello

I'm trying to setup Facebook Marketing, but not able to get past connecting the Business Manager. My personal FB account is connected to Shopify, the new FB business page I created is connected to Shopify, my Ad Account is connected, but Business Manager will not connect. First the message was about not having any previous spending usage on a personal account. Now the message is different, saying I've reached the maximum allowed ad accounts. I have only one ad account. Can anyone help?

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
DeepVarnish
Shopify Expert
33 3 11

This is an accepted solution.

It happens. Glad it worked out for you. Good luck with your FB ad campaign. One thing you might want to experiment with is running ads through FB ads manager as well. You have a little more control over audience targeting. 

View solution in original post

Replies 21 (21)
DeepVarnish
Shopify Expert
33 3 11

Quick question--you do have Facebook Business Manager set up? I'm sure you already have this but just in case https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/create-marketing/facebook/setup.

dtdwils
Tourist
6 0 3

Yes, but must have done something wrong along the way. I'm not able to find any assistance from Facebook.

DeepVarnish
Shopify Expert
33 3 11

Not surprising regarding Facebook. Always a challenge. It's hard to diagnose without seeing it. Have you chatted with Shopify support? I know they won't be able to go to far with Facebook.

dtdwils
Tourist
6 0 3

I'm not able to find a way to call Shopify right now. I think they are running on a limited staff.

DeepVarnish
Shopify Expert
33 3 11

Chat might be a great place to start. Haven't checked today but they are likely available. Also found this. https://community.shopify.com/c/Ecommerce-Marketing/Unable-to-connect-Facebook-business-page/td-p/46...

dtdwils
Tourist
6 0 3

Thanks. That discussion is not quite the same issue as mine. Where is the Chat feature located in Shopify?

DeepVarnish
Shopify Expert
33 3 11

Yes. That wasn't the exact issue. Showing Shopify support might be able to help somewhat with your issue. Go to help as you normally would. Type in a topic "Facebook marketing" and then look for an option to connect via chat after you see suggested help articles based on your issue. Just checked and chat is available. 

dtdwils
Tourist
6 0 3

Thank you. I really appreciate you trying to help.

DeepVarnish
Shopify Expert
33 3 11

Let me know what you find out. 

dtdwils
Tourist
6 0 3

Well, a little embarrassing, but I had the wrong Ad Account connected to Shopify. Once I disconnected it and connected the correct Ad  Account, I was able to connect the Business Manager. Thanks again for your help.

DeepVarnish
Shopify Expert
33 3 11

This is an accepted solution.

It happens. Glad it worked out for you. Good luck with your FB ad campaign. One thing you might want to experiment with is running ads through FB ads manager as well. You have a little more control over audience targeting. 

Scooba907
Tourist
3 0 2

I am having the same issue. I spoke to Shopify via live chat. They told me that it is out of there hands because I have a red flag up on my business manager account because I changed my business name and wanted to change it with my business manager as well. Now I cannot create or add a new ad account. The person at Shopify told me to get a hold of facebook, that they have some live chat support or something. The don't. i can't get a hold of them. I made my first sell the other day, but now I'm losing people views and sessions through my store because I can't create campaigns with my facebook ads account via Shopify store. What a barrier. 

Iisfir
1 0 0

hi, 
i have the same issue, i am very new to all this could you please elaborate what do you exactly mean by AD account, i am unable to understand. i can see my facebook shop page  but unable to integrate

DKdk
Tourist
5 0 2

Hey, did you get a solution for this issue? I'm having quite a similar problem , having my first business manager disabled by facebook and then the 2nd one cannot connect to shopify.

Noordinary
1 0 0

How did you can ge the ad account connected ?

AnthonyB
1 0 0

We're you ever able to fix this issue?? I can't get my personal FB account to populate under the Business Manager section either...

JayByrd
Tourist
5 1 1

Hi just sharing a way I got past the business manager selection > choose page (page connect failed) bit. First of all, I started with Instagram when adding the sales channel (not sure if that helped or not, but try it) BUTTTT

I think the most important part was at some random point I had begun creating a "commerce account" for my facebook page - got to business manager, commerce, and it redicrects you to a whole new system outside of business manager. Delete any in-progress commerce accounts that may have been associated with your page, and when you try to re-add the sales channel on shopify, it doesn't give you the page connect error.

Just my two cents, hope it helps someone.

KateFirman
Tourist
4 0 2

I also have similar problems, but I cannot do anything until I ask the support team for help. I think it's better to ask for help. 

bigbusinessapp
1 0 0

Hi, this is dheeraj. As I'm working in a startup company Big Business App getting connect with big business companies is not easy. if you really want to connect with a company owner/CEO first you need to mail it to the company.