Cant move collections to a shipping profile & cannot assign new products to a shipping profile??!!

eldean0
Excursionist
49 0 8

So I am fairly new to Shopify and as much as I love it, I was surprised to discover this today.  I had all my shipping profiles set up but stupidly didn't have products placed in the correct ones yet, which came to my attention via an order that i needed to cover shipping on lol because the product was in the wrong place.  So I quickly tried to go the collection and move to the right shipping profile thinking it would be quite simple to assign it and was shocked to see there was no option to do so but go through the products.  This is fine if you have 5 or 6 products, but 3000 is a different animal. 

I then realized even on product creation you cannot assign it to the shipping profile of choice.  Even the shopify support agent was quite amused by this and said they would let the dev team know.  How this has been overlooked and not requested by many is beyond me, I would assume this would be a very handy feature for many of us.

Anyway putting here for others to see if they have had this issue and need it and also as a #featurerequest ! I hope the developers are looking lol!  

Replies 4 (4)

eldean0
Excursionist
49 0 8

Also, the fact that when adding products to a profile there are no filters and no option to choose per collection is wild lol. And the search function will only do so much, it still catches a lot of other stuff from descriptions and a string of letters in your search term. 

sniper2804
Shopify Partner
371 24 61

Hi @eldean0 ,

I am building an app for the exact same use case. Basically you can configure rules based on product attributes to auto assign them to shipping profiles (for eg, if product tag equals to "fragile" then assign it to "Fragile Shipping Profile"). 

I am looking for few users to pilot the app (for free). 

Would you be interested in trying out the app?

Automate & bulk assign products to shipping profile: Auto Shipping Profiles: Shipr
Calculate accurate shipping rates: Shipping Calculator: ShipMagic
Hide, rename, reorder payment methods at checkout: Payment Customization: PayMix
eldean0
Excursionist
49 0 8

Yea definitely.  It definitely needs that feature.  I would be interested for sure. 

sniper2804
Shopify Partner
371 24 61

Great. I will inform you as soon as I launch the app. It is expected to go live in 2 days.

Automate & bulk assign products to shipping profile: Auto Shipping Profiles: Shipr
Calculate accurate shipping rates: Shipping Calculator: ShipMagic
Hide, rename, reorder payment methods at checkout: Payment Customization: PayMix