Why isn't my new category showing correctly on Shopify?

mparthenia1
Tourist
15 0 3

Hello

Hoping all is well. I made a category for one of my items on my website but it didn't come and the pictures are all mixed up together please guide me.

Replies 2 (2)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @mparthenia1

Luna here from Shopify. Thank you for posting your concern in our Community forums. I’m more than happy to look into this with you. 

To gather a little bit more context, are you referring to your collections? Collections are the categories that you can create in order to group your products. For example: Women’s clothing, Men’s clothing, Children’s clothing, etc. Once you create your collection, you will need to add it to your navigation settings for it to appear on your storefront.  

If your collection has already been created but is not displaying on your store, I suggest ensuring that you have added it to your navigation. To do so, you can follow these steps here: 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Navigation
  2. On the Navigation page, click the title of the menu that you want to edit. 
  3. Click Add menu item
  4. Enter a name for the menu item. The name displays in the menu and can include special characters or characters or emoji. 
  5. Click the Link field, and then select the link type (in this case, collections). 
  6. Once you have selected a collection or all collections, then you can filter the collection with tags to display only the products that match all of the tags you enter. 
  7. Once you select your link type, then select a specific destination.
  8. When you select “Home”, the destination is automatically set to your online store’s home page.
  9. Click Add to save your menu item.
  10. Click Save menu.

We also have a great video guide that you can check out here.  In regards to your images, you can edit the collection display image, or change the order that the products are displayed by following the steps listed in this Shopify Help Document. 

Let me know if this helps or if you have any questions!

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @mparthenia1

Just checking in with you! Were you able to get some clarification from my response? I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

Warmly, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog