How can I update my EIN information on Shopify?

yanesha
4 0 0

I need to change my EIN and associated info for Shopify. The chat link doesn't work, after minutes waiting a got  a message "chat close due to inactivity"

Replies 7 (7)

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 141

Hi, @yanesha!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting in touch — I'm happy to help. You're correct that you will have to reach out to our live Support team through the Help Center in order to change the EIN for your account, and there shouldn't be any problems connecting with us through the live chat. From what you're describing, it sounds like you may be experiencing some browser issues. What I would recommend is clearing your cache and restarting your browser, then seeing if you can access the live chat. You can also try accessing the Help Center using an incognito window

Please let me know if you try this out. If you're still running into issues, I'd be happy to take another look. Thank you!

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

yanesha
4 0 0

Hi Greta,

I' still waiting for the issue to be fixed. What I need is to change my SS# to my EIN#, when I created my store I used my SS# and my name now I would like to change it to my EIN# and Corp. name. I really would appreciated if you can help me with that.  I made the request 3 days ago but nobody have contact me yet.

Thanks!

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 141

Hi, @yanesha!

Thank you for getting back to me, I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble getting this changed. Would you be able to tell me how you have gotten in touch with the live Support team? Did you send an email or get in touch through the Help Center using the live chat or callback feature? Have you received a ticket number? I'm unable to provide account-specific support through the Community as I'm unable to authenticate (authentication ensures the security of your account), so I wouldn't be able to look into your exact situation, but I want to ensure your issue gets in front of the right people. Once you provide me some more information, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction.

Thank you again!

Greta | Shopify 

yanesha
4 0 0

Hi Greta,

It was via live chat, and yes I have a ticket number: 28670465. It's been 8 days since first contact and I'm still waiting for the issue to be solved. Hope you can help me.

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 141

Hi, @yanesha!

Thank you for getting back to me with that information. I'm unable to look into your ticket specifically without authentication. I was, however, able to check in with our tax team and they let me know that it is normal for you to  have not received a response in this timeframe. Their turnaround time is much longer than normal due to a large number of requests (especially during tax season which is January-April). Your ticket is with the right team, it will just take more time. They also let me know that they are able to backdate the EIN change on your account for the entire year of 2022, regardless of when they get to your request. If you ever wanted to check in on the status of your ticket, you can get in touch through the Help Center, and when you're connected with a Support Advisor you can share your ticket number and ask for an update to ensure it's still in the right queue.

Thank you for understanding. Please let me know if you have any more questions about this! 

Greta | Shopify 

yanesha
4 0 0

that sounds like the best solution is to close my store and open a new one with my corp info; I don't think it's fair to track a ticket when there is not a timeframe to solve it.

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 141

Hi, @yanesha!

I definitely understand your situation, and I think that may be best. I do apologize for the long wait times with the tax team, it's something we're actively looking to improve. I would be happy to share your feedback with our internal team about how the long wait times for these tickets affects your business. 

If you'd like to go ahead with closing your store, you can follow the steps listed in this help document. I recommend reading over the tips in the Before you deactivate your store, consider the following: section, including information on how to save your store's data, and how to transfer your domain to your new Shopify store. Once you're ready, you can sign up for another account here and start a new 14-day free trial. 

Thank you for taking the time to work with me on this, and please let me know if you have any other questions!

Greta | Shopify