Solved

Change my store currency to INR from USD?

Mazzy
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey i need to change my store currency to INR from USD.

1. But i have already made my first order. Razorpay has asked me to select both the currencies but unfortunately we cannot use 2 currencies in Shopify.
Accepted Solution (1)

Don
Shopify Staff
2750 198 384

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there @Mazzy!

I can confirm that in order to change your store's currency after having made a sale already that you would need to reach out for account support via our Help Centre here

Bear in mind also that there are effects on your store from changing store currency as outlined below:

* Reporting: We will perform currency conversion on reports for data prior to the store selling currency change, so the merchant is able to look at older data. Something to note is this conversion is not 100% accurate at all times. This conversion is done based on one currency rate per day, and given the currency rate can fluctuate throughout the day, it means that the $ amounts we show on the reports does not 100% match the amount of the payments the merchant may receive. 

* Product Pricing: Since the value between currencies is different, a product price’s value could mean something different if the currency is adjusted and impact their margins. E.g. $20 CAD is not equal to $20 USD, is not equal to €20 etc. Refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected by the currency change.

* Apps: Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing selling currency. If a merchant needs to know how changing selling currency will affect their apps, they should reach out to the App partner to clarify before changing their selling currency.

* Gift Cards: Gift cards with remaining balances in the old selling currency will not work once the selling currency of the store has been changed.

* Shipping: Any shipping rates for a store will maintain the previous currency and will not update automatically. After a currency change, merchants will need to delete the previous rates and add them back in manually to list them in their new currency.

If you're happy to proceed in light of this you can go ahead and contact support using the link above.

Bear in mind also that it is only possible to have one store currency set for your Shopify account at one time, so let your third-party gateway know about this. 

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Rishihuptech
Shopify Partner
351 63 68

Hi @Mazzy 
Once you have made your first live sale from the current currency you can't change it without the help of Shopify support, You can find more details from here: https://community.shopify.com/c/technical-q-a/there-is-1-error-currency-cannot-be-switched-from-your...

If you found this response helpful, please do like and accept the solution. Thanks!
Need support with Customizing your Shopify store?
Feel free to contact me at info@huptechweb.com or Visit our website Huptech Web.
Instant Shortcode Builder: Integrate customizable UI features anywhere in your store - No coding knowledge required
Mazzy
Visitor
2 0 0
Hey i need to change my store currency to INR from USD but I have made my
first trial order already and it won't allow me to change it. So can you
help me out by changing it to INR .
I need to set up razorpay and it has asked me to connect inr and usd both
but Shopify doesn't allow me to do that.
So it would be better if you allow me to change store currency to INR
Thank you
Rishihuptech
Shopify Partner
351 63 68

Hi @Mazzy 
You have to ask Shopify support for this from here: https://help.shopify.com/en
- Type chat with support here: https://prnt.sc/SDoQdbI-pnfm
- Then it will prompt you to select the store

- Once you select the store click here: Chat with a Support Advisor https://prnt.sc/lwqZodZr84bw
- Once a support person is available you can tell them the issue you are facing and they will assist you.

If you found this response helpful, please do like and accept the solution. Thanks!
Need support with Customizing your Shopify store?
Feel free to contact me at info@huptechweb.com or Visit our website Huptech Web.
Instant Shortcode Builder: Integrate customizable UI features anywhere in your store - No coding knowledge required

Don
Shopify Staff
2750 198 384

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there @Mazzy!

I can confirm that in order to change your store's currency after having made a sale already that you would need to reach out for account support via our Help Centre here

Bear in mind also that there are effects on your store from changing store currency as outlined below:

* Reporting: We will perform currency conversion on reports for data prior to the store selling currency change, so the merchant is able to look at older data. Something to note is this conversion is not 100% accurate at all times. This conversion is done based on one currency rate per day, and given the currency rate can fluctuate throughout the day, it means that the $ amounts we show on the reports does not 100% match the amount of the payments the merchant may receive. 

* Product Pricing: Since the value between currencies is different, a product price’s value could mean something different if the currency is adjusted and impact their margins. E.g. $20 CAD is not equal to $20 USD, is not equal to €20 etc. Refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected by the currency change.

* Apps: Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing selling currency. If a merchant needs to know how changing selling currency will affect their apps, they should reach out to the App partner to clarify before changing their selling currency.

* Gift Cards: Gift cards with remaining balances in the old selling currency will not work once the selling currency of the store has been changed.

* Shipping: Any shipping rates for a store will maintain the previous currency and will not update automatically. After a currency change, merchants will need to delete the previous rates and add them back in manually to list them in their new currency.

If you're happy to proceed in light of this you can go ahead and contact support using the link above.

Bear in mind also that it is only possible to have one store currency set for your Shopify account at one time, so let your third-party gateway know about this. 

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog