Change name in title bar/tab tops?

Bella
2 0 0

How can I change the name of my site in the title bar of a page and on tabs? Thanks.

0 Likes
Mel_O1
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
198 0 33

Hi, Bella!

I’m Melissa, a Shopify Guru. Thanks for reaching out. If you would like to edit the description shown in the title tabs while browsing, this can be edited in your admin.

You will be able to edit this in the admin by going to Online Store > Preferences and will see the place to make the change here. This will allow you to change the title in title and meta description

If that section is currently blank, it defaults to using your store name. By adding a homepage title and/or changing your store name, this will change the name that appears in the tab title.  The home page title will supersede your store name, so keep that in mind when editing.  

Hope this information helps! You can reach out to the Guru team https://help.shopify.com/questions if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Melissa | Shopify Guru

Emmasuccn
1 0 0

Phew!!!. Who would have thought it was so simple!!!. Thanks a lot

0 Likes
CompGeek007
1 0 0

Worked like a charm.  Right on the money.  Thumbs up!

0 Likes
hairey
2 0 1

hi, i've tried the method but my tab name still remained the old name of my store, i even have a new domain name.

Reincarnated
Pathfinder
102 8 28

There is a chance your theme has something Hard coded if it did not work.  There is code shopify uses to pull the info from the admin (known as Liquid).  If your theme does not have it, was replaced, or the info was hard coded then it would not change when you change it in the admin.

You may also have cached info.  You can clear your cache and try again 

Information on clearing your cache based on operating system and browser can be found here:  https://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

0 Likes
sembabe
2 0 3

I keep seeing (1) in my title of my website. Is this because I'm the admin? IDK how to remove this 

ubonn
2 0 0

I got the same problem (1), did you solve it?

0 Likes
ubonn
2 0 0

I got the same problem (1), did you solve it?

0 Likes
Macomb636
3 0 0

Did you solve the (1) issue?

0 Likes