Change Order of products in SHOP

Michelle12
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

What am I NOT seeing here??! I am going crazy. I just want to change the order of my products in my shop. Not a collection.... in the SHOP.

Please help! :-)

Thanks!

0 Likes
Anders3
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
224 1 41

Hi, Michelle!

Anders from the Social Care Team here. Thanks for reaching out today!

How to change the orientation of products would depend on how you're displaying those products. If they are apart of a collection, you can choose to manually sort them in the Shopify admin:

Adding products to a collection and linking that collection in your Navigation options would be the simplest way to control your product's order. Since it looks like you're using an external website, changing the redirect to be a Collection URL would help!

Feel free to follow up if you have questions!

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Michelle12
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

I will be switching back to Shopify from Wix. Wix I find to be a better website builder as I can adjust and move anything I want, where shopify is VERY restricted unless you know HTML. Wix suck for shipping though so Shopify it is.

My store is already set up. It's not a collection. I keep trying to add a collection but there's so many god damn options I have no idea what is going on. I try to add my products and nothing happens.

I was also trying to redirect my Godaddy domain to Shopify but thast is seeemign to be impossible. Every video I see shows things in Godaddy that just isn't there.

So frustrating and I know what I'm doing usually. I've built many websites.

fb11112
2 0 2

ok if I create a collection and link then I can not set propper SEO URL for that collection because you guys do not seem to allow this custom URL setting r now.  See: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/How-can-I-change-the-URL-of-a-product-page/m-p/58...  I need one or the other available: sorting on the shop products or give me a way to adjust SEO.  Right now I am lost and have a collection set in my store but unable to adjust SEO accordingly.  Very annoying!  Please help!  Do I need to add all products in propper order to store to solve this?

Poké-Moni
1 0 2

I was struggling with that, too. And I've only read about change the order for collections (the section for index page) and nothing about the store (the catalog).

I know it's too late for the answer, but if someone has the same trouble, the solution is here:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/using-themes/change-the-layout/change-catalog-pag...

You have to create a collection with the name "All" and with its url called "all". The order you select for that collection, will be the order shown by default in your store (instead of alphabetical order).

Martyn29
Tourist
3 0 1

Im strugglign with this too.  It seems such a simple thing.  But shopify doesnt seem to give a simple way to do it.  Its absolutely critical that a shop owner be able to decide Exactly what oder products appear.

CrownTropic
Tourist
4 0 0

Comments like yours make me feel so much better about so many things. (But no less frustrated with certain things on Shopify.) As someone who has not built several websites, I'm left thinking there's no way to do this without hiring someone, which I'm not going to do. Thanks for letting people like me know it's "not just me".

0 Likes
CrownTropic
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you SO MUCH for this!!!

0 Likes