FROM CACHE - en_header

Change order status to delivered

Grzegorz_Giebul
Tourist
5 0 4

Hi guys,

I have got just a few "testing" sales and I'm trying to use notification mails. Well, I cannot send any(or automate it) after the item is delivered, because I can't change order status to delivered. It is just fulfilled and stays so.

As I've read the notification should be send automatically to the customer after the status of their fulfillment changes to delivered, BUT the status does not change. 

Can you help me? Tell me why doesn't it work, or what I should do to fix it?

Thanks!

Best Regards.

cersei.eu

Replies 41 (41)
Leon
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
205 1 72

Hey, Grzegorz, 

Leon here from Shopify Support. 

With the "Order out for delivery" and "Shipment delivered" notifications, those will only be sent out when you fulfil orders that have tracking information from USPS, UPS, FedEx and Canada Post. We have a direct link with these carriers, and once the status of the shipment changes on their end the notification will automatically be sent from Shopify. That means that in a test order where a package isn't shipped through one of those carriers, you won't be able to test this feature. 

We cover this topic in the Help Center guide for Adding tracking numbers to orders and Order Notifications

I hope this helps! 

All the best, 

Leon 

Leon | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Grzegorz_Giebul
Tourist
5 0 4

Hi Leon,

Of course it helps:), and thanks a lot for a quick reply!

I've gone through the link you provided and I 've got one more question to the subject. If I do what you advise below:

"6. If your carrier isn't fully supported by Shopify, or if you select Other from the Carrier drop-down menu, then you can enter the Tracking URL manually"

would I be able to send notifications, and my status would be changed to "delivered" after delivery?

Thanks again.

Best Regards.

GG

Paul_S
Excursionist
16 0 9

Hi Leon,

Would really like to know as well too. If it helps, we are using China Post for some delivries. If not possible to do automatically, can we at least have option to update status to 'Delivered' manually? 

Thanks,
Paul 

Paul_Alionis
1 0 2

Hi Leon,

It's ridiculous that option to manually mark orders as delivered is not supported! It is crucial to any business outside North America. Is there a work-around or can we expect this to be added in the near future?

Thanks,

Paul

Cantu1
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

We have the same situation for our local delivery.

Leon
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
205 1 72

Hello, 

The shipment tracking + order status emails are offered by the carriers currently supported which includes USPS, UPS, FedEx and Canada Post. That means that without actually shipping out an order through one of those carriers, you wouldn't be able to use this feature. 

As for when more carriers will be added -- we're always working to expand the offerings for shipping your orders out, but I don't have a date to share when 3rd party/ alternate carrier support would be added for these notification emails. I'd like to thank you for letting me know the issues this has created for running your business when shipping through alternate carriers. I am taking your comments and adding them to a feature request for our developers to work from when building new features into the platform. 

Cheers,

Leon 

Leon | Shopify 

Mathew_Thomas
1 0 0

Hi - I am evaluating if this I should go with Shopify or BigCommerce as these basic feartures are out of the box. Ability to change status on an Order seems trivial. Is there a product roadmap or ETA for having ability to MANUALLY move Order Status? 

Thanks,

SleepGenics

Anders3
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
231 1 43

Hi there, Mathew!

Thanks for providing your feedback here. The fulfillment status of an order can be updated in the Shopify admin to show if the payment has been processed and a tracking number generated. If a tracking number is created for an order, it will be marked as fulfilled. However, I do understand the need of having the delivery status included. While I cannot provide a concrete timeline, I can assure you that I've passed this along to our developers for future consideration. If there's anything else you may need otherwise, let us know!

Cheers. 

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify

Nabil_Mouzannar
10 0 0

Bravo Anders!!

FadStore
Tourist
6 0 7

Anything about this issue? I'm using DHL and still the status doesn't change automatically and I have no option to mark orders Delivered. I really need this feature!

richard-42ops
2 0 0

Has this basic feature not been implemented yet -- that is, to set the status to delivered and to generate the "shipment delivered" notification?

YessicaLev
1 0 3

Any update?

We do many own deliveries (no carriers) and would like to:

1. Be able to manually update the status to delivered.

2. Is there an eventual Shopify upgrade for own deliveries to:

• print a barcode or QR Code of the delivery package
  • be able with a mobile phone to scan the package barcode when delivering to mark delivered

Thanks in advance!

ghsStudios
Tourist
3 0 2

Let alone dealing with annoyances of not being able to pass JSON to test order notifications (i.e. no way to test logic unless you literally place an order on your live store for every variation of logic required, causing actual paying customers confusion/distrust if they too place an order while testing window is open), the inability to mark orders delivered in admin w/o tracking assigned means that I would need to make a bogus purchase, purchase actual shipping, and ship myself a physical package that your (extremely limited on all sub $200/mo plan) carriers could then mark "delivered".

All so that I could validate that my for loop actually works for a customized "Shipment Delivered" notification.

Now, if I'm missing something, I'd love to know, because at the moment waiting 7+ days to test an email falls just short of feeling like I'm living in the movie Brazil, and I'll tell you what, it's getting old... fast.

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 94

Hello,

In Shopify tracking, the "Order out for delivery" and "Shipment delivered" notifications will only be sent out when you fulfill orders that have tracking information from USPS, UPS, FedEx, and Canada Post. 

For other carriers, you will have to use an app like Shipment Tracking & Notify app, which will help you send tracking notifications to your customers. The app also allows you to have an integrated tracking lookup page, from where your customers can track their orders. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
southernhts
2 0 4

Quite ridiculous that stores that only do local deliveries still can't mark their orders as 'in transit', 'out for delivery', 'delivered' ect this seems like a feather that should be standard considering how much we are charged for this system!!

Tiffinly
2 0 0

Exactly my sentiment! It shouldn't be too hard to implement

Anindo
Shopify Partner
555 1 25

Regarding the question of local deliveries not able to be marked as 'delivered' status, I would like to know a few more details. If i may ask which carrier are you using to ship local deliveries. The normal carriers like UPS, FedEx do ship locally so just wanted your perspective.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
Tiffinly
2 0 0
We do it ourselves.
notanybox
Tourist
4 0 1
We need this feature badly!! especially that we deliver 'gift boxes' and the person who orders the gift would except to know when the other person receives it! can you help please?

PS: we are based in Dubai and working with regional carriers.