Changing Currency

Solved
kyleigh
6 0 0

Hello! I'm currently setting up my shopify account and noticed my currency is Mongolian Tugrik but I need it to be in US currency. I have tried to change it but it won't allow me to do so because it says, "You've made your first sale, so you need to contact support if you want to change your currency". But I have not had a sale yet. idk how to change it?

- kyleigh

Accepted Solutions (3)

Accepted Solutions
Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
805 54 124

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @kyleigh

This is Ren from the Shopify Support team, thanks for your post! 

Is it possible you ran a test transaction while setting up your store? This would still count as a first order and would trigger that specific notification when attempting to make changes to the currency. 

Either way, I can certainly help you out. Check your email for further instructions and we can go from there! 

Ren | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
805 54 124

Hi @Spendalot

Just a heads up that I have responded to your follow up email! Thank you. 

Spendalot
Tourist
5 1 0

Hi. I apologise. I am still not receiving the link. I may be doing something incorrectly. I still can't check out my transactions via PayPal. Says there is a currency issue. I need to change the currency to US dollar, and still can't view your sent link. 

Kindly assist again. 

Apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards

S kholvadia

Replies 150 (150)
Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
805 54 124

Hi @kyleigh

This is Ren from the Shopify Support team, thanks for your post! 

Is it possible you ran a test transaction while setting up your store? This would still count as a first order and would trigger that specific notification when attempting to make changes to the currency. 

Either way, I can certainly help you out. Check your email for further instructions and we can go from there! 

kyleigh
6 0 0

Sorry this solution is not solved still can't figure out the issue.

Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
805 54 124

Hi again @kyleigh

Thanks for letting me know. I have gone ahead and reached out via a secure email with further instruction for you. Please respond as directed to allow me to verify your ownership of the account and we can move forward from there! 

MossaStyle
Tourist
4 0 0

Can you help me change my currency? I made some sales for testing but I need to change to my bank's currency. Please.

Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
805 54 124

Hello @MossaStyle

Thanks for reaching out. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further instructions for verifying your ownership of the account. Once that's done, we can proceed via email to help get your currency changed over for you. 

MossaStyle
Tourist
4 0 0

thank you! My change is completed.

Spendalot
Tourist
5 1 0

Hi Kylie. I have the same issue regarding currency changing. Can you please assist me?

Regards

Spendalot
Tourist
5 1 0

Apologies. Hi Ren7, could you kindly assist me also with currency changes?

Regards

Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
805 54 124

Hello @Spendalot

Thanks for reaching out for a hand. I have sent you a secure email with further instructions. Please be sure to respond accordingly and I can continue to support you from there. Thank you! 

Spendalot
Tourist
5 1 0

Dear Ren.

Many thanks for your response. I have managed to set up multi-currency changer on my Shopify online store. However, I have gone live now, and when I test to check out a product via PayPal express on my Shopify store, it says the the receiving country does not support the transaction currency. I am located in South Africa and selling to customers in USA. Kindly advise how I can correct this.

Also I have not received your secure link on the email you sent.

Regards 
S Kholvadia 
Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
805 54 124

Hi @Spendalot

Just a heads up that I have responded to your follow up email! Thank you. 

Spendalot
Tourist
5 1 0

Hi. I apologise. I am still not receiving the link. I may be doing something incorrectly. I still can't check out my transactions via PayPal. Says there is a currency issue. I need to change the currency to US dollar, and still can't view your sent link. 

Kindly assist again. 

Apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards

S kholvadia

Spendalot
Tourist
5 1 0

Dear Ren. I have attached a screenshot of the error on the checkout page of my shopify store. Please see the error in the bottom highlighted in pink. I am not sure if:

1. I need to change my currency to USD to solve this issue
  2. or if shipment is only allowed in USA and not outside the USA (as it is not an acceptable shipping Zone)?
  3. Or is this related to something else that I am not aware of?

Please advise on all the cases above. I would like to close this matter off and commence trading soonest.

Error Screenshot.png

Thank You

ashempire
1 0 0

Can you help me change my currency? I made some sales for testing but I need to change to my bank's currency. 

rrwright
1 0 0

Hi Ren, I'm having the same issue. Can you assist me with changing my currency after I've already made a transaction?

tashalv
3 0 0

Hello, could someone please assist me with changing my currency.  I ran a test purchase during the development of my store & now i need to change it to AUD to afterpay purposes. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Polawa
11 0 0

Hello I would like to change my store's currency from USD to South African Rands so I can capture payments. I am currently unable to do so. The following message was shown, preventing me for making a change

You've made your first sale, so you need to contact support if you want to change your currency.

your assistance will be appreciated

Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
805 54 124

Hello @ashempire

Ren here from the Shopify support team. I can certainly help you out here. Please see the secure email I sent you and respond as directed. Once I have been able to authenticate your account we can proceed with the currency change. Thank you! 

Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
805 54 124

Hello @rrwright!

Thanks for reaching out for a hand. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further instructions. Once I have been able to successfully authenticate you we can proceed from there with a currency change request. Thank you!