Changing custom product type, how to reduce impact on analysis & reports?

Solved
Eelco99
4 0 0

Hi,

If I change a custom product type of an existing product (bottle of Wine XYZ) from "Red Wine"to "Wine" and after a few days run my sales reports, the report shows up with the same product twice, once with type "Red Wine"and once with the type "Wine". It is still the same product and if I add up the two lines it shows the correct number of units sold. Ideally I want this product only to show up once with the current type "Wine". Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Eelco

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Report-Pundit
Explorer
175 2 14

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Eelco99 ,

Yes, It is possible to show the new product type "Wine" with the total number of units sold which is 15.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
John

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)
Report-Pundit
Explorer
175 2 14

Hi @Eelco99 ,

This is John, from Report Pundit.

Your request can be achieved by Report Pundit. Report Pundit can show the sales details for the updated product type.

From the above example, We can show the Product type "Wine" only once with the sales and product details.

We have a 15-day free trial. Our support team will set up the report based on your request.

You can reach us at support@reportpundit.com

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

BetterReports-K
Excursionist
56 2 4

Hi @Eelco99,

Keanna here from the Better Reports support team.

Better Reports can definitely help!

Our sales reports always use the current product type, even if this was different at the time of sale. This will automatically update within your reports whenever you make product updates! If you have a particular report format in mind, we can help you create a custom report to meet your specific needs.

We also have more than 60 built-in reports that cover your most common reporting needs including sales, current inventory, refunds, payouts, and more. Our reports can even be scheduled to send at a set frequency to your email or Google Drive!

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Eelco99
4 0 0

Hi John, thanks for your reply.

Say I sold 10 units of Wine XYZ when product type was "Red Wine"and 5 units after I changed product type to "Wine". Will the analysis of Wine XYZ under the (new) type "Wine"show up with 15 units sold? Cheers, Eelco

Eelco99
4 0 0

Hi Keanna, thanks for your reply.

Say I sold 10 units of Wine XYZ when product type was "Red Wine"and 5 units after I changed product type to "Wine". Will the analysis of Wine XYZ under the (new) type "Wine"show up with 15 units sold? Cheers, Eelco

Report-Pundit
Explorer
175 2 14

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Eelco99 ,

Yes, It is possible to show the new product type "Wine" with the total number of units sold which is 15.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
John

View solution in original post