How does the platform calculate commission on total sales?

daisy15
Visitor
1 0 1
  • How does the platform charge? Is the commission based on the total sales

Replies 4 (4)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 955

Hi @daisy15 

You will only be charged the fixed amount for subscription plans, and Shopify offers 3 options for you to choose from: 

• Basic ( $29 per month)
  • Shopify ( $79 per month)
  • Advanced ( $299 per month)

I hope this helps you.

banned

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1569

@daisy15 
Shopify Doesn't charge commission-based,

It charge Monthly as like subscription plan.
there are 3 plans you can choose one of them and start your Business.

Thank you

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15846 2371 3073

Hi @daisy15 ,

Refer this URL. You will have any an idea about pricing.

https://www.shopify.in/pricing

Thank you!

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing

Maz
Shopify Staff
1168 129 181

Hey @daisy15!

As mentioned by a few users in this thread, Shopify charges you on a subscription based model. I have compiled a list below of the different types of plans that we offer, along with some features;

The Shopify Lite Plan

The Shopify Lite plan is for anyone who wants to sell products without maintaining an online store. If you want to embed a Buy Button on your personal website or a blog, then this can be done with this plan. Some merchants may decide that they would like to sell in person in a retail setting, too. This can be done on the  Shopify Lite plan by using the Shopify point of sale app here at this link along with a card reader, you can find more info here. This plans starts at $9 USD per month.

The Basic Shopify Plan

This is quite the popular plan when starting out with Shopify! If your store is on the Basic Shopify plan or higher, then you can create and customize an online store to showcase your products. You can manage all your products, orders, and customer information from your Shopify admin. Customers can purchase your products and checkout with a payment method online. This plan comes at $29 per month.

The Shopify plan

If you have a large increase of sales coming through, then you can also benefit from the lower credit card rates and transaction fees offered on this plan. The Shopify plan contains all the features of the Basic Shopify plan  and gives you greater insight into your sales trends with built-in professional reports. This kind of information can give you a better understanding of your customers' behavior when they look through your store to learn how they interact with your products. You can get this plan for $79 USD per month.

The Advanced Shopify plan

The Advanced Shopify plan contains all the features of the Shopify plan  and has the lowest credit card rates and transaction fees. This plan would be best suited to an ever-growing business looking for expansion opportunities. It includes, advanced customer reporting, carrier calculated shipping and also international pricing. This plan costs $299 USD per month.

I'd recommend checking out our pricing page here at this link for a more in depth and detailed breakdown.

Shopify is a great platform with so many awesome features available either within the system or through the many apps that are available for installation. To get you primed, I would definitely recommend checking out our Intro to Shopify link here and Getting Started Guide over here.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog