FROM CACHE - en_header

Chargeback occur and i am not happy to pay for chargeback fee

LANCE_Z
1 0 0

Hi,  guy . 3 days ago .there is a medium fraud analysis order apear. so i am 100% sure its fraud. so i decide refund few cent to the card. and let him verify himself. the refund may take up to 3-5 business day. so i give him time to verify. however... today i got the chargeback request.. plus 25 dollar chargeback fee. and he was placed 2 order.  so i am force to pay for 50 dollar...i think its unfair. do u think i should pay chargeback fee?> i think i am manage this medium fraud case very carefuly already.. very sad

Replies 2 (2)
Jason_Beacon
Shopify Partner
235 12 46

Hi @LANCE_Z 

While it's unfortunate to have a chargeback case opened up, consider yourself quite lucky that you have yet to ship out the item. Otherwise you will suffer a deeper financial loss. 

Depending on your payment gateway, the chargeback fees is only charged if you lose the case. Since you have not shipped out the item, explain that you are more than happy to refund in full the original amount.  

I hope this helps. 

Decrease fraudulent orders, stop chargebacks with Beacon. The most customizable fraud and risk management system built for Shopify businesses

https://apps.shopify.com/beacon
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1179 81 138

@LANCE_Z wrote:

Hi,  guy . 3 days ago .there is a medium fraud analysis order apear. so i am 100% sure its fraud. so i decide refund few cent to the card. and let him verify himself. the refund may take up to 3-5 business day. so i give him time to verify. however... today i got the chargeback request.. plus 25 dollar chargeback fee. and he was placed 2 order.  so i am force to pay for 50 dollar...i think its unfair. do u think i should pay chargeback fee?> i think i am manage this medium fraud case very carefuly already.. very sad

Hello, @LANCE_Z.

I know that it can be stressful to receive chargebacks, and I appreciate the work you have put into handling this situation.

When a customer's bank sends you a chargeback, the fee they charge is a processing fee. Shopify refunds this fee if the chargeback is resolved in your favor. For more information on chargebacks and how to handle them, please review our detailed help documents:

Typically, we recommend contacting the customer if you're still considering whether or not to proceed with the order. You can get in touch with them via the phone number or email they provided at checkout. Since they've already sent a chargeback, you can now contact them to see if you're able to resolve the issue.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog