What to do with a chargeback on a closed Shopify store?

lazerbe4n
Visitor
2 0 0

So i just got a chargeback from a customer on a store that i closed a while ago. I can't sumbit a response or pay the chargeback cause the store is closed. What should i do?

Replies 5 (5)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @lazerbe4n,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

I'm sorry to hear that you've received a chargeback, they are for sure a nuisance to deal with. If you have already closed the account, can re-open the account on a trial basis so you can submit your chargeback info. I'll send you an email now to help authenticate the account and take a closer look. Please reply back to my email when you have a moment. 

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

lazerbe4n
Visitor
2 0 0

I have replied to your e mail but haven't got a response yet?

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @lazerbe4n,

Thanks for letting me know. I received your email and replied back to you the 1st of Feb advising that I've added a 5-day trial to your account. Was there another email you sent after that? If so, did you receive a new support ticket number after the email was sent? Were you able to access your account since then? If not I can add another trial to the account.

Our live chat, email and callback support are also available here 24/7 if you would prefer a faster response as our Forum Community is not a live channel and so our response times might be a little delayed. 

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

shamadilrukshi
4 0 0

Hi Ted,

What if the Risk Operations Team has permanently closed the account. Can I re-open it? I have the same issue, my store also has so many chargebacks, but can't submit a response or do anything. My store has been permanently closed by Risk Operations Team. Please advise me on this. 

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @shamadilrukshi

This is Rae from the Shopify team. I'm helping out Ted with this post, and I wanted to follow up with you in regard to your question. 

If you already have a ticket with us about your account closure, I recommend following up with our team directly in that ticket. They will be able to help clarify what's possible from our end, and give you some more information. 

However, if you no longer have a ticket with our team about this, please reach out to us via our Help Center to submit a support request. That way, our team can take a closer look into your account and let you know what the next best steps are for your specific situation. 

Thank you! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.