Checkout autofill address

Zihan
4 0 0

Hi,

The autofill address feature is good, however it still can be improved.

First it put the subrub into the Apartment field, so I change the filed label to Suburb.

Then I realize it won't update(empty) the suburb field if the autofill address doesn't have a suburb.

Last it would be good to have a option which can make the Suburb, City County, Region and Postal code uneditable.

What's the point of autofilled address if people can still alter these fields incorrectly.

Thanks

Replies 37 (37)
ththang
Tourist
6 0 1
Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1269 90 210

Thank you for adding your store link, @ththang. I have forwarded your store to our developer team. If we move forward with adding Google Autocomplete to Vietnam storefronts, we will notify you and all of our merchants and post about this in our changelog or announcements page

Cheers,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

shuai
1 0 0

Hi Tira,

Is there any update on this issue?  I am facing the same problem, for not empty the apartment field when change address.

It's a bit annoying when getting the shipping fee calculated.

Thanks

Shuai

AppleMan
Tourist
3 0 1

I have a similar question but I want to be able to turn this feature off.  delays in the display of options cause me to accidently fill in the fields with an non displayed option when I click on the city field and it changes all the fields.  It isn't so bad on the ones I haven't filled in yet but it sometimes changes the street names and removes the apartment number and I don't notice it.  WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR THE LOST PACKAGES THAT GO TO THE WRONG PLACE!  Should I just move to a different platform to ensure I don't have any more mixups.  The last order was to a blvd but it changed it to a street causing Fed X to not be able to find the address then send it to the wrong town and finally lose it.  This is getting really old.  I thought I turned it off and it seems to be off when adding a new customer from the customers page but I need to add them from the orders page as I input the order from Amazon or eBay.   Unfortunately my supplier uses shopify to submit orders or I would just move now.

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1269 90 210

Hey, @AppleMan.

Thanks for responding to this thread with these details. I really appreciate that you've already tried to turn this feature off and I'm here to help.

I was reading your response and it sounds like you are entering an address somewhere. Is this at the checkout, or is this within your Shopify admin? If it's within the Shopify admin, which page is it that you're entering addresses in?

The reason I ask, is because this thread is for the Google autocompletion feature at checkout. This feature allows customers to quickly search their address and have it autofilled on the checkout page, with results provided by Google. Here is our help doc with the steps to provide autocomplete in the address fields at checkout. If you want to disable this feature, you can head to your checkout settings page and unselect Automatically provide autocompletion on address fields.

Is this what you were looking to disable? I would love to know your thoughts!

AppleMan
Tourist
3 0 1
Ot is the create order page when I go to add a new customer. It does seem
to work properly on the create customer page but that is too cumbersome
when I am trying to submit an order. My supplier has a shopify app to
submit orders so when someone purchases through eBay or Amazon I create a
new shopify order and cut and paste their address
Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1269 90 210

Thanks for confirming what you’re looking to do, @AppleMan (Cool name!). 

It sounds like you’re creating customers while creating a draft order in the Shopify admin. You’re correct that there is a Google Autocompletion feature added when you input an address while creating a customer. 

Here is a screenshot from my test store of what this looks like:

19-28-70371-769

I dug into this further for you and this cannot be disabled. I understand this impacts your business, and will be sharing your thoughts and replies from this thread with our developer team so that they are aware. If we move forward with disabling this feature, we will post an update on our changelog or announcements page

Did I understand what you were hoping to do? 

I'm also curious, who is your supplier? You also mentioned that they have an app, is it an app that you have installed on your store, or is this an app outside of Shopify? 

Loloka
1 0 1

tight, it will be worth the wait.