Solved

Checkout button greyed out when you log in to customer account

Romanb23
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I have a store using the Split theme, for some reason all of a sudden the checkout button greys out every time you try to check out whilst you are logged into your customer account. The problem does not happen when you are not logged in as a customer. It is very strange and I wonder if anyone knows of this issue and how to resolve it.

Initially I was advised by the theme developers to check if any installed apps could be causing this issue by uninstalling them which I have, they were just social media apps which are now uninstalled however the problem has not been resolved. 

The only other custom thing that I have done to the store was to add additional forms by duplicating the standard 'contact us' form that comes with the theme, only field names were changed, I have also deleted these forms to see if that was what was causing the issue but it doesn't seem to be. I have tried to change the theme look to another still with no luck. 

I am out of ideas, does any one have any other suggestions, that would be very much appreciated......?

Accepted Solution (1)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Romanb23!

Welcome to Shopify Community.

Thank you so much for sharing your question with our network. I appreciate all the detail you provided with your question, and I am sure we can help you resolve this.

For starters, I know that you mentioned the theme's developers asked you to remove any installed apps. The steps for uninstalling an app can vary, as they sometimes inject scripts into the code that are not automatically removed once that app is deleted. This in turn can cause any issues caused by an app to remain, even after you have removed it from your store.

Another great way to rule out issues caused by custom code is to install a fresh, unedited copy of your theme. This way, you can work backwards to determine any flaws in the edited code.

I trust that will provide further insight, but please let me know if you have more questions.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Romanb23!

Welcome to Shopify Community.

Thank you so much for sharing your question with our network. I appreciate all the detail you provided with your question, and I am sure we can help you resolve this.

For starters, I know that you mentioned the theme's developers asked you to remove any installed apps. The steps for uninstalling an app can vary, as they sometimes inject scripts into the code that are not automatically removed once that app is deleted. This in turn can cause any issues caused by an app to remain, even after you have removed it from your store.

Another great way to rule out issues caused by custom code is to install a fresh, unedited copy of your theme. This way, you can work backwards to determine any flaws in the edited code.

I trust that will provide further insight, but please let me know if you have more questions.

Warm regards,

Romanb23
Visitor
2 0 0

This suggestion eventually worked for me. Thanks

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Thank you for that update, @Romanb23!

I am glad the suggestions worked for you. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to reconnect with us.

Warm regards,