What is the solution for separate address and house number fields in Shopify checkout?

Morpheus-de
Visitor
1 0 0

My client has a issue with the Checkout form and that is they need a separate input fields for the address and another one for the house number. They need this in order to accommodate an integration with PlentyMarkets that accepts 2 separate fields.

Do you have any suggestion for us on this topic? we looked on the support topics and on internet, in general, but could not find any solution.

Reply 1 (1)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @Morpheus-de 

Welcome to the Shopify Community! Have you and your client seen that you can add an optional second address line to the checkout form? For example, here's what my test store Shipping details page of the checkout looks like: 

19-22-42555-15148

There is more about Editing the checkout form options in our Help Center, include how to do this. Let me know if this helps. Just so you know as well, the options to edit the checkout are limited, as the checkout code is not made accessible for security purposes. This is standard across all Shopify subscriptions plans, with some minor exceptions for those on our Shopify Plus platform

Let me know how this goes, and we can look into other possible options from there. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.