Checkout redirect issue to payment gateway page

Ruhi
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi, I am building my store and I am currently facing an issue related to the checkout page. There is this error that shows up, " looks like this page is redirecting to a page that isn't compatible with this editor. To ensure that your redirect doesn't interfere with the editing experience, replace window.location.href = with window.top.location.href = in your theme's JavaScript over here." The redirect should ideally take me to the payment gateway page which is not happening currently.

I can't find the javascript where I need to fix the above error. I have tried everything that was available on the above problem. I am using the Minimal Shopify theme. Please can someone assist? Thanks!

Replies 11 (11)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @Ruhi.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out!

It sounds like you're trying to reach the checkout from the Storefront editor. Not to worry, there isn't anything wrong with your checkout.

The Storefront editor is for designing your store and isn't able to navigate outside of your store, which includes the checkout. Though you can edit certain elements of your checkout in the Theme settings, the checkout is a secured area of Shopify and isn't part of the Storefront editor. If you're looking to test your checkout or payment gateway, you'll want to visit your store by opening a separate window using the direct URL. Alternatively, you can also use the preview functions within your admin - Which looks like this:

15-18-qhilc-nrnio

OR

15-19-rnlrt-2kace

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Ruhi
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Elias,

Many thanks for your response. I managed to get the problem resolved. The error only appears in the editor now but on the live site the redirect is happening to the payment gateway page. Previously this wasn't the case. Thanks again!!

Ruhi

8NIRMAL
8 0 0

I have exact same issue with my store. can you please help me out ?? it would be very great help to me ! 

thank you

rrr_ruby
5 0 0

Hi Elias
We have this issue on certain browsers on certain devices. I have cleared the cache and restarted the browsers, done on 4G, asked support to clear the front end browser but it still won't work - it tries to redirect, then comes back... problems with safari, chrome on IOS mobile

rrr_ruby
5 0 0

Can anyone help please?

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hi, @rrr_ruby.

Thank you for joining the thread.

I understand you're experiencing an issue with the checkout on different devices and browsers. However, since the issue only occurs on certain devices or browsers, then it's unlikely that flushing the front-end cache would be able to resolve it. When an issue is only present on certain devices, it is commonly a localized issue. The first thing we recommend doing for resolving localized issues is to make sure that the operating systems (eg. iOS, Android, Windows, MacOS) and the apps (eg. Chrome, Safari) are all up-to-date. 

If the issue continues to persist, then we can have our Technical team take a closer look at your account. In order for our Technical team to look into this successfully, you'll also need to provide a list of devices. This will need to include the versions of operating systems and apps used on each of the devices as well. 

We aren't able to escalate a ticket to our Technical team via the Shopify Community, as we aren't able to provide this level of account-specific support through here. Nevertheless, we'd be happy to continue assist you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and our Support team can help create an escalation to our Technical team. 

I'd love to know if updating the operating systems and apps can help resolve the issue. Keep me posted!

8NIRMAL
8 0 0

Hello 

when i click on my check out page i get this message

"It looks like this page is redirecting to a page that isn't compatible with this editor. To ensure that your redirect doesn't interfere with the editing experience, replace window .location. h erf =  with window .top. location . h ref = in your theme's JavaScript over here. "

i have very less coding knowledge and i tried to do as per the instructions but it won't work.  Please help me out !!

thank you & waiting for response so badly .

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @8NIRMAL.

Welcome and thanks for joining the thread! It sounds like you're running into the same error as the original post and I've listed a couple of solutions with screenshots in my previous response. The Storefront/Theme editor won't be able to access the checkout, as the checkout is a separate secured page of Shopify and not directly related to the theme. With that said, were you running into this error from the Storefront editor?

So that I can take a closer look, can you share a screenshot of the error?

8NIRMAL
8 0 0

it won't work for me in my debutify theme. AND now i try PAYPAL and it shows at the checkout that " the seller doesn't accept payment in your currency " please help me out 

Ruhi
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello!

There are two parts to this problem.

1. There is an error in the editor. - This one is not a show stopper. You can pretty much live with it.

2. When one clicks on the payment button in the live site, there is no redirect to the payment gateway. This is the problem that needs to be fixed. You would need to co-ordinate with your payment gateway providers. If you are getting this error in your live site, it means the payment gateway is not yet activated.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ruhi

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @8NIRMAL.

Thank you @Ruhi  for responding and sharing the troubleshooting steps!

If it's a theme related issue, Debutify is a third-party theme - So you may need to contact the theme developers for help with their theme. As for PayPal, you'll need to double-check with them to see if the currency you're selling in is supported by your PayPal account. 

With that said, so that we can take a closer look - Can you a couple of screenshots showing the two issues you're running into?