How can I add more collections to my product list?

Butterflygal
Tourist
3 0 0

Hello,  

Quick question, hopefully someone can help me because I'm apparently looking in all the wrong places.  When I am adding a product, and filling in all the boxes when I get to "Collections" it only gives me these 3 options.  I have many collections set up so how do I get them to show up in this list?

Thank you for any advice I really appreciate it.

254434903_391526715993850_6428481903972525597_n.jpg

Replies 5 (5)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

Are the collections that aren't showing up automated collections?

Read up on collection types https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/collections 

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Butterflygal
Tourist
3 0 0

Yes they are 

PartnersWire
Shopify Partner
41 3 14

Hi @Butterflygal 

Try checking collection manual page of Shopify.

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products > Collections.

2. Click Create collection.

3. Enter a title and description for the collection.

4. In the Collection type section, click Automated:

1. Select whether products need to match all conditions or any condition to be included in the collection.
    2. Use the drop-down lists to set the collection conditions.
  5. Click Save. In the Products section that is displayed, the products that match the conditions are automatically added to the collection.

6. Set the sort order for how you want the products to be sorted in your store. For more information about sorting, see Change the sort order for the products in a collection.

7. In the Sales channels section, select from your active sales channels where you want your collection to be available.

8. In the Collection image section, click Upload image to add an image for the collection. For information about the sizes of images that you can use, see Image sizes.

9. Optional: The Search engine listing preview section shows a preview of how the collection will be displayed in search results. If you want to edit this information, then click Edit website SEO. You can't change the URL and handle, because they are used to link the collection to your online store.

10. Click Save.

11. Add a link to your collection in your online store navigation so that customers can find and view the collection.

Butterflygal
Tourist
3 0 0

I have done all of those.  I want them to show up on the drop down menu as shown in the picture above. Where now only those 3 collections show up. 

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

To clarify your  are creating manual collections and they are not showing up in collection selectors on products?

Do these manual collections also not show up in the theme editor for sections that use collections?

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org