Solved

Can I temporarily close my Shopify store without losing data?

Bshayer
Tourist
5 1 1

Hello, I want to close my shopify store temporary, I want to make sure that I am not going to lose any data or if I should do something before closing it.

Also should I close it by myself? and how? or I just stop paying the bill so it closes until I'm ready to re-open it again. 

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (2)
Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 171

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there, @Bshayer!

Though not an ideal situation, you are more than welcome to go ahead with what you are planning. Once we freeze your store due to the unpaid bill, you have 2 years until we wipe your data from the platform.

Just be aware that once you are ready to reopen your store, you will need to pay for your outstanding bill as well as pay for the new month's subscription right away before you get access to your store once again. 

For more information regarding frozen stores and reopening a frozen store, feel free to visit this link

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Bshayer
Tourist
5 1 1

Yeah it’s just out of my hands for now, thank you so much for your reply. I’ll definitely pay both amounts once I’m ready to get back to it. 

thanks again and have a good day

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

You can set your account to pause and build plan for the period you are going to step away.
More info here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/pause-deactivate-store

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).
Bshayer
Tourist
5 1 1
Thanks for your reply,
My Credit card has been lost so I canceled it and it will take me some time
to get a new one for different reasons. I have an unpaid balance for 26th
March and I still can't pay it due to my credit card situation, I got an
email that my store will be closed by 23rd April.
In this case if it gets closed, can I reopen it once I sort everything out
and I'll definitely pay the 26th March bill by the time I am ready to repon
my store.
Is this possible? or I will no longer have access to my store?

Thanks
Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 171

Hi there, @Bshayer!

Though not an ideal situation, you are more than welcome to go ahead with what you are planning. Once we freeze your store due to the unpaid bill, you have 2 years until we wipe your data from the platform.

Just be aware that once you are ready to reopen your store, you will need to pay for your outstanding bill as well as pay for the new month's subscription right away before you get access to your store once again. 

For more information regarding frozen stores and reopening a frozen store, feel free to visit this link

Bshayer
Tourist
5 1 1

Yeah it’s just out of my hands for now, thank you so much for your reply. I’ll definitely pay both amounts once I’m ready to get back to it. 

thanks again and have a good day

Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 171

I totally understand. The nature of business is ever-so-changing and can be very unpredictable. We wish you all the best, @Bshayer!

We are looking forward to when we see you again. 

All the best! 

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 952

Hi @Bshayer 

Shopify offers you a Pause and Build if you want to take a pause from selling on Shopify but continue working on your store. 

When you use the Pause and Build plan, your store will be paused and running at a reduced subscription fee ( $9 USD per month). If you want to start selling products again, then you can reopen your store at any time by choosing a new plan. 

This seems to be the best option for you right now because you will have to pay for the full outstanding amount when you reactivate your store after closing time.

To be eligible to pause your store using Pause and Build, your store needs to be on a paid plan and at least 60 days past the free trial period. If your store doesn't meet these criteria, then you can't pause your store.

You can refer to the help doc here to learn more about this.

I hope this helps you.

All the best.

banned
Bshayer
Tourist
5 1 1

Thank you for that 

I tried to Pause my account but I couldn't do it as I mentioned because of my credit card situation and the last unpaid bill.

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1565

@Bshayer 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
Thanks for your good question.
Sorry for that , you are facing issues,
Kindly contact to the Shopify Support team they will help you.
to fix out your all issues.
Check out this link:
https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact