CNAME & A-RECORD - [Empty] HELP!!

Macrame1
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi can someone please help me.

My website (domain) has been working fine until today, now i get the message when i visit my website - [DNS server can not be found].

In my Shopify settings, it says that my A-RECORD ip adress is - [Empty]. 

And also the same with my CNAME current value - [EMPTY].

i purchased my domain through Shopify website , so am not sure who my Registrar is to contact.

it is very weird that it was working perfectly, now its not at all. what has gone wrong? can this please be resolved asap!

Replies 2 (2)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 951

Hi @Macrame1 

If you buy a domain through Shopify or transfer your domain to Shopify, then your domain can have any of the following IP addresses:

• 23.227.38.65 to 23.227.38.74

Your Shopify domain can switch between these IP addresses at any time. To find your current Shopify IP address, from your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Domains > DNS Settings and then check the A record section.

A CNAME record is a DNS setting that points your subdomains to another domain name. In this case, you want your CNAME record to point to your Shopify-hosted domain by using shops.myshopify.com.

You can also contact Shopify Support here to check further.

If you feel like my answer is helpful, please mark it as a SOLUTION. Let me know if you have any questions!

banned

rustcity
Shopify Partner
13 2 2

If using ngrok tuneling, did the IP address change?
If not, and using cloud resource -- did its IP change (perhaps reboot etc?)?

A-RECORD definitely needs to point to your server ip address, it shouldn't be empty.