COD extra charge: my sons will see a solution?

Neonail
Tourist
15 0 1
Shopify, my dear, maybe could be more honest to say “we are not interested to find a solution” or “we can’t make it because...” instead of let die every post about this hot issue... maybe it’s time for a change?
Replies 3 (3)
Ryder
Shopify Staff
446 55 86

Hey there @Neonail

Ryder here from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! It sounds like you're wanting to charge your customers an additional fee for choosing the Cash on Delivery option, is that right?

While we currently have an Advanced Cash on Delivery App for our merchants located in India, we're always looking to expand services in demand. Our feature requests are addressed based on popularity, so the more merchants that request such a feature, the higher the priority it becomes for us to develop a solution. I can see why such a feature would be important for your business and I'd be happy to submit a feature request on your behalf in your country/region. Where is it that your store is based out of?

In the meantime, you can try setting up the workaround suggested in this forum post. Please let me know if you have any other questions about the process!

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Neonail
Tourist
15 0 1
It’s a bit frustrating to read a “copyandpaste” answer for this. I read a lot of posts about this so become clear that it’s not really a problem of priorities setting but about views. Shopify is a Ferrari in ecommerce management, but COD extra charge issue is like to have a limitation on 6th gear and when you own a Ferrari, maybe you like speed.

MarcoReleasit
Shopify Partner
147 13 39

Hello @Neonail 

There is a solution now if you use our app Releasit Cash On Delivery Fee which allows you to create a custom extra charge for Cash on Delivery that will be automatically added to all your COD orders!

The app also allows you to create an optional instructions message for Cash on Delivery where you can explain to your customers how they should prepare for their payment (which is really useful to improve delivery rates).

You can install the app for free from the Shopify App Store here: https://apps.shopify.com/cash-on-delivery-fee 

If you need help or you have any doubts or questions you can always contact me on the app, we offer 24/7 support via email, WhatsApp and Telegram!

Hope this helps!

Marco