code discount

millerjih
1 0 0

hello,

My goal is to create a discount code that applies to a product as well as the quantity of that product. For instance, a hat.If the customer adds two hats to their cart, the discount code applies to only one hat, not both. As the quantity is limited to one, only one hat will be discounted. I am advertising a free hat for the purpose of driving traffic to my website and am giving away a discount code that can be used on any hat. However, I do not want to allow 50 hats to be entered and all of them be given away. At the same time, I want to encourage them to shop for more items by not limiting the card itself.

Replies 4 (4)
Luna
Shopify Staff
301 32 41

Hey, @millerjih.

Welcome to our Community forum. Thanks for posting your question here. I understand that you are hoping to limit your discount code so that it can only be applied once for a specific product per order. No worries, let's walk through this together. 

The first thing that you will want to do is create your discount code. When you create a new discount, it appears on the Discount codes tab on the Discounts page in your Shopify admin. To do so, follow the steps listed in our document: Creating discount codes. The step you will want to pay close attention to is #6To create a fixed value discount code that can be applied to specific products or collections, check Only apply discount once per order to limit the customer to using the code only once per order. Otherwise, the discount applies to all eligible products in the order:

By checking this option, you can ensure that your customers will only get a discount on one of the hats in their cart. In this scenario, they will still be able to add multiple hats to their cart. I tested this feature on my own store, and here is that example: 

Please give that a try, and let me know how it goes. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. In the meantime, I love your free product idea! How will you be advertising this offer to your customer?

Best,

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Luna
Shopify Staff
301 32 41

Hey, @millerjih.

I just want to check in with you! Did my previous solution help to solve your problem? Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Warmly,

SagarikaDas
Shopify Partner
185 14 66

Hey @millerjih,

Make sure you have selected "Percentage discount", not the fixed amount in the Type.

Screenshot attached for your reference:

SagarikaDas_0-1635481852401.png

Sagarika Das | iCart Team

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Luna
Shopify Staff
301 32 41

Hey, @SagarikaDas.

Thanks for reaching out here! To clarify, they can select a fixed amount for the price of the hat or percentage (discount value 100%) and then establish that the discount only works for that specific product. For example: 

Hope that helps to clarify things! All the best,