FROM CACHE - en_header

Collaborators

Carlsmeister
Tourist
5 0 1

If i am going to give access to a collaborator to my store, what can he see and not? I've seen all the different boxes i can check at the user and permission menu. My real question is, can the collaborator see my payment method for paying the shopify plan etc? I dont want that if i might get hacked.

best regards,

Carl

Replies 3 (3)
Blair
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
548 72 71

Hey @Carlsmeister,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some assistance with setting up a collaborator request, to get this solved. Freelancers and agencies may request access to collaborate on the shop, for developmental purposes, content writing, or store set up. They are similar to staff members, where permissions can be granted or removed depending on their needs. I recommend checking out our Collaborator Permissions documentation for further insight on this. 

It outlines however, you should only grant permissions you feel comfortable with. For a full list of permissions and their descriptions, you can refer to our Description of Staff Permissions documentation. In this case, if you would not like the collaborator to have access to billing details, you can leave the View Billing and Receive Billing Emails permission blank. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Carlsmeister
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you for the help! But just to clarify, the"View Billing and receive Billing Emails " is the permission that makes so the collaborator can see my credit card information?

Blair
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
548 72 71

Hey @Carlsmeister,

No problem at all, as I was happy to assist! To confirm however, if you select the View Billing and Receive Billing Emails permission for the collaborator, they will be able to see subscription invoices as well as the credit card on file for the shop. To avoid this, you can keep that permission blank which, will ensure they are unable to access this section of the shop. 

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog