Collection and search filters 2.0

MrKOYO
Excursionist
21 1 6

Hi,

With the advent of shopify 2.0, it became possible to filter products by type, price, vendor, and it was also possible to filter using metafields.

So my question is, due to the fact that my site is multilingual, Shopify does not have the ability to translate tags, so I have to use Metafields to filter products in the collection. But there is a problem with them. Let's say we sell shampoo that is suitable for damaged hair and dry hair.

For this, I created a metafield (text, single line) called Hair Types

After that I go to the product, find the metafield Hair types, and i write there "For damaged hair"

after that I save the product, open the collection of shampoos, everything works fine.

But, how do I make two choices, for damaged hair, for dry hair

At the moment I figured out how to create for only one variant, but how to create for two or more variants?

1. For damaged hair
2. For dry hair

Thanks

Reply 1 (1)

AzureMinion
Shopify Partner
28 0 0

This is a complicated way and the basic filter would not work. I would recommend using an advanced filter app https://apps.shopify.com/ultimate-search-and-filter-1

In your case, you can create a metafield value "For damaged hair,For dry hair" for your product then go to the app and set up the metafield so it can recognize that as a list having 2 values "For damaged hair" & "For dry hair". It's pretty simple and you can live chat with the team for help.