Solved

Why did my Shopify collection list disappear and navigation menu change?

Sreehari
Tourist
14 0 0

When I try to add products to any collections, the list seems empty. But I have made collections. So when I Individually Checked all the collections, it shows update navigation menu. But The navigation menu looks different from the default menu. Can Anyone help me?

Accepted Solution (1)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Sreehari

I cannot say I've fully understood your question, but it sounds like you are having issues with adding products to collections and editing menus in your navigation. When it comes to making a collection, there are two types: automated collections or manual collections

Manual collections require you to manually input each product. Automated collections will automatically include products in the collection if those products meet certain conditions. Which kind of collection did you create? 

You also mention the "default" menu and the "navigation" menu. By default, your Shopify store comes with a "main menu" and a "footer menu". You can read more about how to edit those, add collections to them, or add pages to them, in our guide to Menus and Links.

Have you somehow tried to create a different menu altogether?

I'd like to understand your question a bit more so that I can better help you. If you could talk me through what you're doing, that would give me a clearer sense of what you're trying to achieve.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Sreehari

I cannot say I've fully understood your question, but it sounds like you are having issues with adding products to collections and editing menus in your navigation. When it comes to making a collection, there are two types: automated collections or manual collections

Manual collections require you to manually input each product. Automated collections will automatically include products in the collection if those products meet certain conditions. Which kind of collection did you create? 

You also mention the "default" menu and the "navigation" menu. By default, your Shopify store comes with a "main menu" and a "footer menu". You can read more about how to edit those, add collections to them, or add pages to them, in our guide to Menus and Links.

Have you somehow tried to create a different menu altogether?

I'd like to understand your question a bit more so that I can better help you. If you could talk me through what you're doing, that would give me a clearer sense of what you're trying to achieve.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.