Collections are showing empty on preview but they are populated and clicked "visable" on backend.

sdc98
12 0 0

I have populated and made sure the "visabilty" is checked to on but when I do a preview only some of the collections display all the items and some don't. What am I missing? It's the Grid theme and here's a link to the site. 

https://bennett.jewelry/collections/bits-and-stirrup-jewelry/bit+stirrup

Sean Coons
Replies 22 (22)
Katy_old
Shopify Staff
391 1 46

Hey, there!

Thanks for posting!

I've taken a look and it seems that while each product and collection is set to 'visible', the navigation section of your admin is currently set to filter products in some of your collections by tags.

For example, with the collection "Bits and Stirrup Jewelry" only those products that have both "bits and Stirrup" tags will display. 

In this case, you could remove this tag filtering from your navigation, or alternatively add these tags to each of the products that you would like to push through. 

Hope this helps!

Koreen W | Shopify 
support@shopify.com

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

sdc98
12 0 0

Thank you, that helped! 

Now I'm running into another issue. I have added another collection that is the navigation and is in the collections but when I try to add the relevant items to the collection, the collection doesn't come up. I'm trying to add "fox hunting" or "fox hunt" related items and It's not working. I had this issue before and I don't know to get it to work other than deleteing the entire collection and starting over (which I did in this case) but I still can't add the items.

https://bennett-fine-jewelry.myshopify.com/admin/collections/419070092

Sean Coons
Katy_old
Shopify Staff
391 1 46

Hey, there!

Thanks for your reply- and glad that helped fix things up somewhat. ?

In the case of the 'Fox Hunting Jewelry' collection for example, when adding products, the conditions set must match your products exactly here.  While selecting ‘any condition’ gives you greater flexibility, you’ll need to also make sure that the product title matches exactly, rather than just containing these words

While many of your products do have the word ‘fox’ in the title, they do not contain ‘fox hunting’, ‘fox’, or ‘fox hunt’ exactly. In this case, perhaps these may suit better labeled as a 'Product Type' or Product Tag' conditions for your collections instead. This should allow them to push through for you!

We do have some specific info on working with automated collections here too, which you may find useful for reference.

Hope this helps you out!

Koreen W | Shopify 
support@shopify.com

sdc98
12 0 0

Wow! I just didn't think to play around with those other peramters. I will figure this out with your help! 

Thanks again Koreen! 

Sean Coons
sdc98
12 0 0

Is there an option to upsell the customer other than using a 3rd party app is that it? I need to add an option to add enamel, gold chains and diamonds to some of the products.

Sean Coons
Katy_old
Shopify Staff
391 1 46

Hey, there!

You're very welcome- happy to help out! :)

I'm afraid not. In terms of up-selling, while there is the option to create a 'recommended products list' using this guide here, usually the best option here would be with an app. 

An app which may suit what you're looking for could be the Product Accessories app, which makes it easy to add additional items to accompany an individual product.

Do feel free to have a look and also through the other up-sell apps too to see what you think.

Koreen :)

sdc98
12 0 0

Hi again Koreen,

Thanks for the app recommendation, it worked out great. Now I have another request that I'm not having any luck with. I need to have a "collections" page and I can't seem to find a way to be able to display them all on a page rather than just one collection like I have set up the moment. https://bennett.jewelry/collections/18k-limited-edition-one-of-a-kind-pieces

I did find this but I can't figure out if this https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/collections/add-view-all-to-collection-pages is to do what I need or not.

Sean Coons
Katy_old
Shopify Staff
391 1 46

Hey, there!

That's great- so glad it helped!

Ah, I think actually this guide here may be the one you're after.
This allows you to display your collections on one page. You can link your preferred collections by working with the 'pages' and 'navigation' sections of your admin. The guide has each step outlined, though do let us know if you need a hand at any stage!

Koreen W | Shopify 
support@shopify.com

sdc98
12 0 0

Hi Koreen, I am having trouble with getting this method to work. Can I get some help with it? I have made a new collections page but I can't seem to get the images to populate with the images that I have for each collection. 

Sean Coons