Collections 'Conditions' has vanished!

Brett_Hollis
4 0 0

Okay, so on some of my product collections, when on the Admin / Collections (smart?) entry page, on some of my collections, the 'Conditions' section appears.  On others, it doesn't.  What gives?

I need this very useful tool on ALL my collections.

Any help greaty appreciated!

Brett

Replies 7 (7)
Thea5
Shopify Staff
227 0 23

Hey Brett!

Would you mind letting me know which collections don't show the conditions option? I clicked through a number of them and wasn't able to see what you're seeing. At the moment, when you first create a collection, you will see these two options: manually select products & automatically select products based on conditions.

If you select Manually select products, the option to add conditions will disappear. I've added your request to be able to have both options to our internal feature request forum. For the time being, if there's a collection in your admin that doesn't have the condition option, I would recommend creating a new collection and selecting the Automatically select products based on conditions. 

Thanks for the feedback. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thea | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Brett_Hollis
4 0 0

Hey, the collection 'categories' and 'crews/jumpers' weren't showing the 'auto' collection function.

However, having followed your guide, and deleted and then re-added said collections, the option has returned.

Don't know why I didn't do that to start with to be honest!

Thanks as ever fro your great support!

- Brett

Nelson_Riley
1 0 3

@Thea. I would also vote for a feature to always be able to toggle between Manual and Automatic product selection within a collection (not just when the collection is originally created). This can be confusing. Thanks

Thea5
Shopify Staff
227 0 23

Hey Nelson!

Great idea. I've added this to our internal feature request & added your email address so that you're notified should it become available.

Thea | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

CandiG
1 0 1

Found I was having the same problem 7 years after this was originally written.  Do I really have to delete the entire collection and start over?  Wow.  This is NOT a good user experience.  I should be able to add conditions AND manually add products to categories.   I'm trying to make my website more user friendly for consumers by hiding out of stock items.  The only way to hide products with a 0 inventory is to create a condition, but I can't create conditions without adding a ton of work (deleting some categories and re-adding).  Why not make it a setting that just hides 0 inventory items?  That's what other platforms do.

I might also add that manually vs automatically could be a great tool.  However, so confusing when in practice.  I've been using shopify now for some time, and other platforms are profoundly easier to add items to collections.  I still occasionally have trouble with Shopify.  And I have 1000s of items I manage on other websites.  This is definitely something that needs improvement.

ebonykart
2 0 0

I am facing the same issue. I made it manual initially and now not able to add the conditions. Pls help.

PCBros
Tourist
5 0 1

Almost exactly 8 years and Shopify can't set an easy option to toggle between manual and automatic... wow.

Our Store's list of "Why should we switch to another service" grows longer every day. These are very simple problems, yes problems, that you can't blame on "Intended Design". This is really quite ridiculous and there is absolutely no way with the millions of dollars in revenue that Shopify gets from their customers, that they can't add/fix some of these problems that customers are asking for.

Just... wow...