Collections no longer appearing

fastener
Tourist
6 0 2

I have just started having a problem where none of my products are appearing in their collections. If I go to add a new product none of my collections are there to choose from, only a check box for Home Page. Even if I type the category name into the box I don't get the option to add it like I used to. On the products I've added into collections before this problem started, the collections show below the collection selection box that they've been added to - but if I click on a collection on the Home Page collection list I get a message saying there are no products in that collection. I'm really not sure why this has happened so suddenly when it was working a few days ago. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Replies 14 (14)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 952

Hi @fastener 

Have you just changed your theme recently? This could be a theme bug or caused by an app you're using. I would suggest you to contact your theme provider. Their developer will help you checked and fix the issue.

banned
fastener
Tourist
6 0 2

Thank you for your answer. I have not changed themes, though I am going back and forth between a few trying to decide which one will work best for our store. I have not gone live yet. I also am not using any third party apps.

The problem is the same throughout all of the themes. It seems to be originating in the product specs where I can no longer access the collections I have set up. I have a number of collections and sub collections set up and none appear on the product page in the collections box. My only option there is a check box for Home Page.

I do appreciate your help though.

luky_crafts
Visitor
1 0 1

499C6BD8-0A47-4A21-86D5-A114B5972236.jpeg

The same thing is happening to me, I am not sure if it’s because I started and chose Basic $5 Plan but I don’t even have the collections under Products. Can someone please help me before I release my website it took me a long time to upload images. I tried searching YouTube tutorials and read other people advice from here and none of them work. 

Emily
Shopify Staff
1299 101 188

Hi, @luky_crafts.

Thank you for reaching out. Congratulations on your new store!

Are you able to share what plan you are on? If you are on the Shopify starter plan, or lite plan, collections are not a feature of those plans. You will need to select the Shopify basic plan to have access to all of the features and to be able to sell to customers.

Please let me know if you have any questions! I would love to learn more about your business. What type of products will you be selling? 

Talk soon,

Emily | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Jhonnyfrench
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, i am currently facing the same problem as above, although i do have a basic plan, Any help?

Thank you in advance.

Emily
Shopify Staff
1299 101 188

Hey, @fastener.

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry to hear you're having trouble with your products and collections. 

To clarify, when you go to Products > Collections in your admin, does it show any of your collections? and is this issue happening in your admin or on your live site? It could have to do with the status or availability of your collections or products, depending on if this is happening on your live store or in your admin. 

Please let me know where this issue lies, and I will be happy to continue trying to figure out what may be happening if you could provide some screenshots of the problem, that would be really helpful as well!

Thanks so much, talk soon! 

fastener
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Emily,

Under Products>Collections my collections are all listed and all of my products are listed as available. I do not have a site up live. I am only working with a few templates (both free and paid) trying to get one of them to do what I need. (Especially be able to click on a collection on the home page and it take me to a new page of sub-collections of that collection. No luck so far, but that's a different problem.) Anyway, that said, I am definitely not a coder and am totally perplexed. As of the beginning of last week all of my products in a chosen collection were showing when I clicked on that collection's button on the home page. Also, when I clicked through to a sub-collection from the menu on the home page all of the products in that sub-collection would appear. I was also able to add collections to products on each product's page. Now none of those things happen.

I really appreciate your help. I am beyond confused.

Thank you!

Emily
Shopify Staff
1299 101 188

Hi, @fastener

Thank you for that information!

It sounds like this might be an issue with your navigation. When you are in your admin and go to Online Store > Navigation, do you see your different menus? There should be one called Main Menu; once you click onto that menu, you will select the collections you have added to that menu. It could be possible that they were unlinked from your collections/products. To check this, click on the menu item and see if the linked section is correct. I will share a screenshot below. 

21-28-98612-18192.png

Please let me know if this was causing the issue or if it is still not working for you. I appreciate your patience. 

Talk soon, 

fastener
Tourist
6 0 2

Thank you for your patience and the help. I really appreciate it. I checked several of my menu items under my main menu. I do have a lot of menu items so I haven't finished checking all of them. Those I have checked have the links to their respective collections. My problem still remains.

There is one unusual thing I noticed: When I go to choose a collection to link my menu item to one part of my collection list comes up. I scroll down and my collection repeats again this time allowing me to scroll all the way through. I have only created one of each collection but they are duplicated in the drop down list. I tried choosing a collection from the latter (repeat) section of the list but it made no difference.

So, my problem still remains.

fastener
Tourist
6 0 2

Maybe this will help. I was just messing around with one of the free templates and noticed that if I choose a sub-collection from the drop down menu at the top of the page (ex. Fasteners>Washers>Beveled Washers) I get the following message:

No products found

Use fewer filters or clear all

If I click on the "clear all" it will bring up all of the items in that sub-collection. I still don't know what I'm doing wrong to have that happen, but maybe that will shed some light on the problem for someone who understands this process, which clearly, I do not.

Thank you, again!

disposource
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Shopify Staff! I dont know if this is a related issue but we have a store that is on the free Icon Theme. Recently, the homepage stopped loading the collections gallery it actually appears with a loader image but nothing seems to fully load in the body. We have not made any changes to the theme. Currently, when previewing homepage in editor it doesnt show anything either but when I hide and reshow, it will preview galleries and other homepage elements. But after saving and returning we experience the same thing. Following some advise in this thread, collections are published to Online Store. We are on the shopify plan. Is there anything else we can try?

disposource
Visitor
3 0 0

https://disposource.com/ is the shop url if that helps. Thank you!

disposource
Visitor
3 0 0

After changing theme, it appears that the theme maybe the culprit. We were happy with the theme before, anyone know who the publisher is so we can investigate further or should we just abandon and pick another? Thanks for the advise...

Emily
Shopify Staff
1299 101 188

Hi, @disposource.

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry you are having issues with your theme. 

Are you able to share a link to the theme you are using from the theme store? This way, I can find the contact information for the theme developer for you. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions! I would love to learn more about your business. What type of products do you sell? 

Talk soon,