Solved

Connect Existing Domain - A site with that Domain already exists

zanethurston
Visitor
3 0 1

I can't seem to connect or find any support with a Shopify Employee directly. Does anyone have experience connecting an existing domain that is registered through Google Domains. It's for: nativebarsupply.com which used to connect to a Squarespace site - and I have since disconnected. Shopify's "Connect a Domain" button in Settings gives me an error (see screenshot) so I tried to manually input Shopify's A record and CNAME in Google Domains and still nothing. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 8.02.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 8.42.29 AM.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @zanethurston 

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your screenshot of the issue you are experiencing. 

@Nick_Marketing is correct in that you need to contact our authenticated support for help with this. You will be asked to provide some proof of ownership of the domain and once confirmed, the domain can then be removed from the preexisting store it is currently connected to.

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

Consider sending an email to merchant support, they can look into the account.

Contact page link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/

If the link keeps redirecting to the home page, try opening the link in Chrome Incognito mode.

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @zanethurston 

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your screenshot of the issue you are experiencing. 

@Nick_Marketing is correct in that you need to contact our authenticated support for help with this. You will be asked to provide some proof of ownership of the domain and once confirmed, the domain can then be removed from the preexisting store it is currently connected to.

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog