Connecting domain from domain.com

foryouinvention
Visitor
1 0 0

I bought a domain from domain.com and get it to connect to shopfy, i have done all the steps to connect correctly, but when i press verify connection it shows that the domain will not connect. Someone help?

Replies 3 (3)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

Hey, @foryouinvention!

When connecting your domain, it can take up to 24 hours for the DNS changes to appear publicly. Meaning that if you just recently change the "A" record and "Cname" record and you're getting an error in Shopify then you will want to wait until the 24 hours have passed. If after the 24 hours passes and you're unable to connect the domain then you'll want to use a free tool such as MX Toolbox to determine if the records are public. If they are not, then you'll want to check your domain manager to ensure you've entered 23.227.38.65 for the "A" record of your root domain, and shops.myshopify.com for the "Cname" record of your subdomain. If they are set up correctly, then you'll want to reach out to your domain manager for further troubleshooting steps to determine why the records are not appearing publicly. 

If you're still having issues connecting your domain, or if you have any questions, please let me know! 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

heroestwerkhere
Visitor
1 0 0

This is m first time doing this ever and I am also getting an error message. is there a step-by-step on how to complete this?

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@heroestwerkhere 

Steps will vary based on the domain manager you use. We do offer basic instructions on how to connect your domain here; along with instructions for the most popular domain providers here. 

If you have updated your DNS settings and waited 24 hours but are unable to connect your domain to your Shopify store, then you'll need to reach out to your domain provider to troubleshoot it further. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog