Considering Bringing my store over from 3dcart but it will cost a lot more

barresource
Tourist
3 0 1

We are considering bringing over our store to Shopify from 3dcart. Our current plan costs us $200 a month. The Shopify Plan is $300 + 0.5% of outside payment sources. We have better rates with our payment host than shopify offers at 2.4%.

The problem is the 0.5% upcharge for using other payment hosts will cost us thousands. I am unsure if moving to Shopify will lead to more growth over 3dcart.

Any input?

fitbody
Tourist
6 0 1

Curious as to whether you made the jump. We're considering it as well.  
Rick

0 Likes
barresource
Tourist
3 0 1
We actually decided to go with Woocomerce. It offered more custom options and will save us a ton of money over the years VS Shopify. We like Shopify and all but they honestly are a lot more expensive and limited than woocomerce.
0 Likes
fitbody
Tourist
6 0 1

Were you worried about all the customizations and plugins you would need. Additionally, how has the upkeep and maintenance been since you are your own support?

0 Likes
barresource
Tourist
3 0 1
We have not fully launched the store yet. We have hired a local web development company to build it custom from the ground up. It's not something you can truly do with shopify. We are merging several of our stores over. I really do not have that much fear about being my own support. So many developers are out there that know how to fix these stores, you only need to find one your trust to keep on standby. Freelance websites have lots of people who can help with problems. Shopify just tended to be too closed. Let's not even get started on the unique coding language they use.
I think shopify is great for those who want a easy to set up store. If you have more complex needs like we do, go elsewhere. We had quotes to do the highest plan(the one that says get quote) and it was over 2k a month. Simply ridiculous pricing.
0 Likes
fitbody
Tourist
6 0 1

So how'd the move go. I'm still in limbo...about to pull the trigger this week though finally on the move to shopify due to 3dcart/shift4's incompetence on their own subscription features. I've literally been at them for 2 months on fixing it on FITBODY and still no progress. 

0 Likes