Constantly expiring and dropped products in Google Shopping

Melanie_Nathan
Excursionist
13 0 6

In December and Jan I have received emails from Google shopping to say that my products are expiring and will be dropped. I've checked the Google merchant centre and I can't do anything about it as it's all controlled via the Shopify Google Shopping App. 

I've explained this to Shopify and they resyncd and re-imported my products which got my products back up and running until it happened again today. Shopify need to amend the expiration date or something, I've sent them the details that Google suggested last time but it hasn't been done. I asked if they could introduce a 'sync' button so that if this problem happened again I could re-sync the products and not have to waste time through the help desk /chat etc for them to have to manually do it each time.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you resolve it. Just concerned it keeps happening and really don't know how to stop it. 

Thanks!

Replies 8 (8)
JonWright
Shopify Partner
781 113 337

Yes, had exactly the same thing happen to me on the 16th of this month (never had it before). Had an automated email from Google and then they expired 45% (about 550) of my products overnight. I'm not sure if it's a Google change or a Shopify feed change. I emailed Google (via Merchant Centre) and they then phoned us (within about an hour, which I was quite impressed with) to say they had 'fixed it'. Unfortunately they spoke to someone else in the shop who didn't know anything about it, so I never found out how they fixed it or what the problem was.

But it does look like it's now fixed as active items back to where they were now (took a good few days to climb back up, with about 100 a day getting re-added). However, I do still see that I have items set to expire each day but then they come back.

I suspect it may be something Shopify have changed in the feed because I also noticed at the same time that I also got an 'Invalid destination [excluded destination]' message showing for the first time on a lot of my products and on investigation I can see that my feed is now setting 'Shopping Actions' as an excluded destination. This doesn't affect me as Shopping Actions are not available in the UK so I haven't worried about that one and all my products are showing as normal in my shopping ads.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

Owner of Neuralcandy Shopify Agency
JaviCordera
1 0 0

Google Shopping requires that products are updated at the minimum every 30 days. It time stamps the last time which the product listing was updated. After 30 days, if the product listing has not been updated it would get scheduled for removal. 

Try adjusting your settings to submit once a day. If this is not option with your current submission app, an automated product feed solution such as. Productsup.com, Lengow.com, or GoDataFeed.com would be the immediate solution to your problem. 

Melanie_Nathan
Excursionist
13 0 6
Thank you for your message. It’s a Shopify app for google shopping and sadly we have no control over syncing it. I’ve asked the development team to arrange that feature so we can do it
Johnnyopolis
1 0 0

Hey Melanie, I know I am ressurecting an old thread but did you get anywhere? 

I have had 39000 items expire in the last two weeks. I have contacted shopify today but still await to hear back. 

Any help/clues appreciated. 

Thanks, 

John 

Daaniel
Shopify Partner
17 0 4

My products expired something like 2-3 weeks ago for no reason. Talked with Shopify customer service, and they told me to reinstall Google-sales channel. Reinstall did not do anything. I think the content API f'd up somehow. Next advice was to remove content API from GMC, and then remove Google-sales channel and wait for 48 hours and then reinstall it. Now I have waited and reinstalled the Google-channel, but still I can't see any content API or product fee in my Google Merchant Center. I have probably lost sales worth 5-10k because of this.

BrendanK
2 0 0

Daaniel,

Did you get your products back into Google Shopping?  If so, how did you solve it?  Thanks

Daaniel
Shopify Partner
17 0 4

Hi, I grabbed an app called "Facebook, Google shopping feed". It was easy to install and my feed was back up in no time.

BrendanK
2 0 0

Awesome, I installed something similar, Feed for Google Shopping by Simprosys. Also my feed was back up shortly after I installed it.