Solved

Contact and Delivery Information at Payment Page

LaurenGlacia
Excursionist
29 0 11

Hi,

I'm in the gifting business, and would require to collect contact and delivery information of both the sender and the receiver of the product.

How may I edit the payment page so I can collect information of both sender and receiver?

Thank you in advance!

Screenshot 2021-11-28 at 11.56.04 PM.png

Accepted Solution (1)
Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

This is an accepted solution.

My pleasure, @LaurenGlacia!

It is certainly possible to adjust the language or the wording in the checkout. You can specifically change "Shipping Address" to "Who to ship to?" by following the steps below.

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  2. Click Actions > Edit languages beside your current theme to open the language editor.
  3. In the filter box, type Shipping Address.
  4. Underneath Checkout contact > Shipping address title, type Who to ship to? 

alt

5. Click Save.

Changing the header is a great way to clarify what customers need to enter as the shipping address. For good measure, I suggest adding a notice about the shipping address and the billing address so customers know what to expect ahead of time. You may add this in your product description, FAQ page, or shipping policy.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

Hey, @LaurenGlacia!

Since the checkout is a secured page, it cannot be edited or customized. This helps ensure that the information of merchants and customers remains safe at all times. While you can't edit the checkout, customers or senders still have the option to add their information. They can enter their address as the billing address at the payment page of the checkout, as we can see from the screenshot from a test store below.

alt

Senders can enter a different phone number, however, they don't have the option to enter their email address. If this is crucial, you can opt to add text fields to the product pages so they can enter their information. An app such as Variant Option Product Options will allow you to do this. If you need assistance with it, you can contact the app's support team through the details under the Support section in the listing.

LaurenGlacia
Excursionist
29 0 11

Hi @Summer ,

Thank you for your advice.

Allow me some time to digest and try out your suggestion.

On the side, will it be possible to change the headers:

"Shipping Address" to "Who to ship to?"

Thank you in advance!

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

This is an accepted solution.

My pleasure, @LaurenGlacia!

It is certainly possible to adjust the language or the wording in the checkout. You can specifically change "Shipping Address" to "Who to ship to?" by following the steps below.

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  2. Click Actions > Edit languages beside your current theme to open the language editor.
  3. In the filter box, type Shipping Address.
  4. Underneath Checkout contact > Shipping address title, type Who to ship to? 

alt

5. Click Save.

Changing the header is a great way to clarify what customers need to enter as the shipping address. For good measure, I suggest adding a notice about the shipping address and the billing address so customers know what to expect ahead of time. You may add this in your product description, FAQ page, or shipping policy.

LaurenGlacia
Excursionist
29 0 11

Hi @Summer ,

Thank you once again for your solution 🙂

I noticed that when i keyed in the mobile phone number at the contact information (at the top), the field at the bottom of the shipping address section will disappear.

Is there a way to not make it disappear?

Thank you for your advice 🙂

Screenshot 2021-12-03 at 3.52.42 PM.png