Contact form Email Issue

deshraj
Visitor
2 0 0

I am not getting the email when submitting contact form from the store. I am getting this "Thanks for contacting us. We'll get back to you as soon as possible." success message after the form submit. But didn't get any emails  on my email.  I have set my email on store -> settings-> general option. Please help me on this issue.

Thanks!

Replies 5 (5)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @deshraj.

Luna here from the Shopify team. Thank you for posting your concern in our Community forums. I’m more than happy to look into this with you.

To gather a little bit more context, may I ask if you are receiving other Shopify notifications as expected? As well, is this something you've just noticed recently? 

In the meantime, it is also worth checking your junk/spam email folder. Sometimes, notifications can be sent there accidentally. 

I appreciate you taking the time to share this additional information with me, as it will be very helpful in further troubleshooting. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

jansin
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Luna,

I have the same issue.  I am not sure how long it has been going on for as I only recently had a customer tell me that they had not had a response to an email sent two weeks ago.  Fortunately, they phoned and purchased the item anyway, however, this could clearly be costing us sales.   The issue is the contact form. It acts perfectly normally, providing the customer with a confirmation that the email has been sent, but no email arrives to our business (and not to the spam or junk files either).   I have checked and the email in the Manage account section on Shopify is correct, but still no emails.   We are receiving all other notifications from Shopify as normal.   I have been on Shopify for 4 years and have two paid subscriptions for two stores.   One store does not use the automated form, but the one that does is not working. 

I have noticed a string of discussions from other Shopify users back in 2020 but cannot find any response from Shopify anywhere to solve the problem.  Please advise urgently what the issue is with this form.  I use the Prestige theme.

Thank you

Jan 

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @jansin.

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that you're facing a similar issue. I'm more than happy to help so that we can sort this out. To clarify, your contact form sends all submissions to the Sender email address listed in your admin. Please confirm this is correct by going into Settings > General > Store details > Sender email, in your Shopify admin:

13-44-23021-95635

Have you created an email forwarding address so the contact form can be sent to the email address you have listed in this section? If not, this can be done within the Online Store > Domains section of your admin as shown in this guide.

Looking forward to hearing back from you, so that we can continue to work on this together.  

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @jansin.

Just checking in with you. Did you receive all the help that you need? If you still require any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach back out. 

Warmly, 

greeney2k1
Shopify Partner
28 1 7

Hi Luna 

I'm wondering if you could shed some light on this I have the same issue and been speaking to Shopify recently about it. Their response was ...

Your developers have not input 'general' while under development. Meaning, emails with 'Shops' will not work unless there's a special line that has been added and they missed this.

I'm not sure how to add the "general" setting or where to add it in the code?