Contact information at checkout

emadoo28
Visitor
3 0 0

Quick question, at checkout, my private email and phone number is shown once a customer clicks "contact information". This is supposed to be private and only visible to Shopify not customers?

How do I fix that?

Thank you in advance!

Replies 9 (9)

Cedcommerce
Shopify Expert
718 76 112

Hello @emadoo28

Share your store URL and screenshot of the issue, so we can check and let you know the exact solution.

Regards, 

CedCommerce

CedCommerce || Shopify Expert
- Let us know if our reply is helpful for you. Like it.
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution.
- For further discussion contact: Email ID- apps@cedcommerce.com
- Whatsapp:- Join Here

emadoo28
Visitor
3 0 0

I’m not trying to remove the email from shopify, I’m trying to not have my private email shown to customers at check out page. It only occurs when customers are at the checkout page, when I clicked “contact information”, there was my personal phone number, my log in personal email address, not the one mentioned in domain that has my store name on it.

Shay
Shopify Staff
2909 453 592

Hi @emadoo28 

Could you clarify for me that when customers are clicking the link for "contact information" is it taking them to a new page on the store? And if yes, what is the URL for that page? If you would like to keep your own store URL private, that's totally fine. I just need to know what the page destination URL is, the bolded portion in my example: yourstore.com/pages/pagenamehere.

Does the information being shared with customers match the information found in your admin under Settings > Store Details?  

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

emadoo28
Visitor
3 0 0

Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 7.22.53 PM.png

I hope this makes sense now?

what I hid is my private email that I log into Shopify, my physical home address, and private phone number. not sure why is it showing on the "checkout" page. And I can't remove it from the settings as that option is not listed

Shay
Shopify Staff
2909 453 592

Thank you for the screenshot @emadoo28.

I am not sure where that modal box is being created from and I wasn't able to replicate it on my own store. As an example, this is what my own test store checkout looks like. 

23-53-98073-95554

I would ask that you please reach out to our live support channels for further investigation and troubleshooting. To assist your support advisor please refer them to ticket number 35784657. To access our live support, please follow this link: Shopify Help Center. Next, you will want to follow the on screen prompts to sign in, choose your topic and issue and at the bottom of the help articles provided will be all available live support options. 

SPCTRVM
Excursionist
12 1 1

Hi, I have a similar problem and it seems that no one is willing to help.

Shay
Shopify Staff
2909 453 592

Hi @SPCTRVM 

Are you able to share a link to your store and a screenshot of the modal box as well as a screenshot showing the link or button you are clicking to activate it? I'd be happy to help investigate further. 

harrykjg87
Visitor
1 0 0

I have same problem, please help

Greta
Shopify Staff
1137 121 146

Hey, @harrykjg87!

Can you share more information about where your contact information is appearing at checkout? If you have a screenshot, that would be super helpful. 

I look forward to assisting you further! 

Greta | Shopify