Solved

Contact Us Form Not Sending Email

monde
Shopify Partner
28 0 11

Hello!

I have set Contact Us page with the page.contact template. I have a form that seems to function, at least to the user as you can fill it in and hit the Submit button (you get a 'successfully submitted' message on the screen).

However the email does not sent, I have tried several times. Also deleting and creating the page again.

All my settings seem to be correct, the Customer email properly set too.

Please someone help me! Thank you 🙂

Accepted Solution (1)
GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

This is an accepted solution.

Hi everyone,

Are your stores currently on a paid shopify plan? I've worked on a few stores that the 'subscribe' and 'contact-us' page came up with the same 404 error currently on hellowcircus.com.

The problem solved itself once the store was out of development mode and onto a paid shopify plan.

Dan the web man - GCWebTeam.com | Shopify Partner | FB Partner | Google Partner Need help with your store or Google ads / social media marketing? Hire: gcwebteam.com

View solution in original post

Replies 186 (186)

Singhui
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi,

I have the same issue too.  I am unable to receive the emails from the contact us bar you see at the bottom of my page. 

I have already done the following -> Admin -> Settings -> General and ensure the email under store contact and customer email are correct. Please help

Contact us not working.png

Thanks.

Regards,

S

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

This is an accepted solution.

Hi everyone,

Are your stores currently on a paid shopify plan? I've worked on a few stores that the 'subscribe' and 'contact-us' page came up with the same 404 error currently on hellowcircus.com.

The problem solved itself once the store was out of development mode and onto a paid shopify plan.

Dan the web man - GCWebTeam.com | Shopify Partner | FB Partner | Google Partner Need help with your store or Google ads / social media marketing? Hire: gcwebteam.com
juliomilanes
Visitor
1 0 7

Hi all,

The email contact is not working and I only found out because one of my customers was offended that I never returned their email. In addition the buying process did not work as well... It is embarrassing and you have to jump through hoops now for help with shopify. What happened to your awesome customer service?

Please help,

Julio

my page is timeriderdesigns.myshopify.com

Levi5
Tourist
5 0 13

I have this same problem. My contact form worked perfectly for years. Yes I have been a paid plan for all of those 4 years. No idea why it would stop. I have checked with my e-mail host and everything is working there otherwise. Please help

kfrasertextiles
Visitor
1 0 4

I'm also in the same boat.

I've removed the contact us template but am worried that I've missed loads of customer enquiuries before I noticed the problem.

Does anyone know if there's any way to retrieve these lost emails?

bne001
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey Dan,

I have a shopify site that has been on a paid plan for over 2 years. 

We use a modified contact form to receive service requests from our customers.

It has been working with no issue for most of 2020. 

In the later stages of 2020 we noticed customers were calling saying they had used the form but not received any reply. This has become more common in 2021.

From the other posts in this thread it seems it is more of an issue with shopify not the contact forms.....

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

your store url and i'll have a look now

bne001
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey Dan,

www.solasport.com.au

I just tried an inquiry myself and it came in to our inbox almost instantly. So it appears not to be consistant.

The link to the form that gets the most use and where we have received reports of inquires not received is below.

https://solasport.com.au/pages/dealer-bookings

Thanks!

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

the email FROM the contact form, what is the FROM address ?

or email me directly would be better / private / stop spammers here collecting it....

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

because if the FROM address of the contact form email to you is

xxxx@solasport.com.au

your current domain settings, TXT records are

v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com ip4:202.86.211.121 ip4:203.24.148.133 -all

which EXCLUDES shopify from sending emails with that domain, = email wiped / deleted before delivery.

make the TXT record

v=spf1 a include:spf.protection.outlook.com ip4:202.86.211.121 ip4:203.24.148.133 -all

-- added the letter a

which denotes the A record is a valid sender for emails for that domain too, the A record is shopify !!

otherwise change -all  to ~all  and dont be so strict of WHO can send email from your domain

🙂

Eidi
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello Dan,

i have the same problem.

I made the domain settings, as previously described. But it did not work. What else can it be?

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

whats your store URL?

Eidi
Tourist
3 0 1
ASweetRide
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there...

We have the same issue that seemed to have appeared a few weeks ago. Everything worked fine before.

Emails from the Contact Form page, AND emails from the pop-up windows say Sent... but nothing arrives. Receving emails are working fine.

Store is: https://asweetridecalledclyde.com/

Thanks

Santos_miles
Explorer
45 2 6

firstly you tried on designing your store, you did a great job 

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Sweet Ride called Clyde, DM me or reach out to my webpage in my signature

bne001
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks for the reply Dan, I have spoken to our domain controller who has confirmed that is the issue.

To avoid spam we will create a workaround using an external domain for "sender" email.

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Eidi,  have a look at your zoho settings / firewall. Login to zoho >> email  or ask zoho support

Eidi
Tourist
3 0 1

Dan, I sent an email to Zoho support and they asked me for the server logs along with their connecting IP address. You can send me?

Diana_Rammell
4 0 0

Hi Dan,  I'm hijacking this thread in hopes to get your help with the same issue for my store?

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

whats your store url Diana ?

RT2015
Visitor
1 0 1

Ignore this.

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Diana,

google is your email service provider, so they are super fussy about ppl using their domains as spam.

Login to your DOMAIN NAME
add the DNS  

TXT record
v=spf1 a mx include:_spf.google.com ~all

Lolo_Racks_USA
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm having the same issue with my site (loloracks.com). Shopifys default contact form didn't work so i added nerdy form app and still not receiving emails from the contact form.

SITB
Excursionist
13 0 4

Hey Dan,

Having the same issue. 
here are the DNS overview of everyday-australia.com and the issue of no emails going thru from Shopify website to the inbox of info@everyday-australia.com. 

can you advise where the issue is ?

2FAFF564-7C8A-4255-BC41-61DC1BF892E0.png

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Thanks SITB, I have contacted you directly in your case

SITB
Excursionist
13 0 4

thanks @GCWebTeam please send to somethingintheblack@gmail.com or reply thru Shopify.

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Some people are finding that their domain host ( the company they bought the domain thru ) does not support adding a TXT record to their domain 'unless they upgrade their service to web-hosting' 🤦🏼. In this case ask for the transfer authorization, or EPP code for your domain and go with a better domain registrar!

Just google one that accepts TXT records. Only re-sellers of re-sellers and tiny registrar companies do this. You are likely paying too much for the URL anyway if you are with one of these.💰

Haven't seen a contact form that I can't get working with shopifys standard contact form page👍. No need to load third party apps or use Gmail redirects or the like. Some themes have rubbishly coded backends, even they can work. Some websites have more problems than others.

This thread will cover 90% of problems and solve them. Shopify store themes are not a problem. ️ Still stuck ? ️ Msg me

zayy
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, I'm having the same issue and I've tried all the suggestions you posted but it still isn't working. My URL is https://www.twentieschi.com/ . Please help

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Sure, in your case, delete all the red v=spf1, yes all of them. Then add one record that is

v=spf1 a mx include:_spf.google.com include:shops.shopify.com ~all

FB might be smart enough to auto tag faces and friends in pictures, but DNS still can only can read ONE v=spf1 record to follow, not 4  🙂

one.jpg

Make the change and PM me back in a few hours   🙂

zayy
Visitor
2 0 0

unfortunately I'm unable to delete TXT records. There's no option to edit or delete the TXT records and I'm unsure what to do now 

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

PM or eml me, there is no use publically displaying all the messages back n forth in your individual extreme case that no-one but your website will find useful.   🙂

mymalagarden
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi! I´m having problems with my contact form as many other people. 

Could you please help me? My website is: https://mymalagarden.com/

Kind regards,

Sandra

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

replied via msg, unique setup

ElleElle23
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi my contact form isnt working either! Please help! My website is https://peoniesandlime.com

ty.

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

I PM'd you ElleElle23, smash the likes !!!!

antona
Not applicable
2 0 0

Hi, Dan my contact form isnt working either! 
My website is https://www.joujou.com.au

Thanks

nrodriguesTMG
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hello Dan!

I´m having some problems with my contact form, already tried so many options and nothing works.. 

Could you pls help? The website: https://lightning---bolt.com/

Thank you so much!

Nuno

gracenicoll
Visitor
2 0 1

@GCWebTeam Hi, I'm having trouble managing my DNS in Google. I click manage domains but don't have the option for DNS settings. I read through all of your replies and can't seem to access what I need to in order to get my contact form to work. My domain is hrkcustoms.com

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 10.37.24 AM.png

gracenicoll
Visitor
2 0 1

Actually, I found all the info in Shopify and followed your instructions but it's still not working. Messaged you!

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

This forum would cover 90% ish of problems, but a million things can go wrong. I have replied for your individual case, displaying here wouldn't help anybody.

kyrian
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Dan! Could you help me with our website as well? Been reading through this forum to try to figure out why our Contact Form also isn't working.

Thank you!!
Jessica

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Hi Jessica / Kyrian / Hanalife !!

In your DNS you have TWO v=spf1  TXT entries, this is very bad and an error. To resolve I will merge these into one entry;

REMOVE

v=spf1 include:mail.zendesk.com ?all

REMOVE

v=spf1 a mx include:_spf.google.com include:shops.shopify.com ~all

ADD

v=spf1 a mx include:_spf.google.com include:shops.shopify.com include:mail.zendesk.com ~all

wait 48hours for the world to get this update ( DNS propagation )

then open a live shopify chat and tell them you have made recent changes to your DNS records. Tell them to check the contact form is sending successfully and that your website is not on the "supression list".

When they check live, shopify can see if the email leaves shopify server and if there is any error message. If they get an error message after you have confirmed that the contact form email has been sent, then let me know what the error is now. But google

is fine once shopify removes you from the supression list.

Let me know either way,

and smash the likes on all my posts here too !!!!

If you need any other shopify work, just sing out,

tnx, Dan the web man 🙂

🙂

kyrian
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Dan,

It seems it still isn't working. I received this message from Shopify:

"Thank you for your patience in waiting for our response.

I wanted to inform you that we have conducted multiple tests using our internal tool system. The reason you are not receiving emails for the address is that your domain hosting provider is rejecting the emails. We are working on resolving this issue to ensure that you receive email notifications when customers try to contact you and to eliminate any email bounces.

Therefore, we recommend reaching out to your domain provider to remove the blocking of the email. Once this is done, please let us know so that we can check the backend and ensure that the error has been resolved."

How would the domain provider be blocking the email? Were there other settings I need to change?

Appreciate all your help!!

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Basically,

Do in a shopify chat, not tickets, response is too slow and misunderstood via the ticket system ( aka shopify is useless )

-- get the sender name the contact form uses ( via shopify chat ) mailer @ myshopify .com ????

-- get the "to" address  ( your store setup ) they send to your @ email .com   is it going to xyz @ hanahlife .com   ???

-- get the "subject" line the form always uses

Then contact Google email support and ask them to whitelist the sender / subject. OR at least ask why are they blocking shopify. 

-- fix what concerns Google has ( if any )

When Google email is happy,

-- then go back to shopify to remove from supression list again, and test IN A CHAT, not email tickets.

Only once you are happy with google , then they remove from supression on shopify, then they test IN A CHAT, and then report any concerns.

Google is starting to ask for DMARC records, if thats the case, then we'll do that too. 

PM back, this is not forum useful.

🙂

OnyxMedia
Visitor
1 0 1

Hey Dan,

I have a simulair issue on my website, are you able to check if it the TXT record?
The contact form is not sending out any emails.

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

LOL, whats the stores URL ? my crystal ball is in for repairs atm

🤓

JennaPaige_7
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Dan ! I have been reading through this forum - I am having this same issue my contact form not sending me emails. Can you

www.jennapaige.net.co

desperate to get it fixed

Kindest

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

msg me Jenna, your website is not a normal setup and would not benefit the community posting publically.  🙂