Why isn't my business address and LLC name registering on Shopify payment setup?

jamiegoulas
Visitor
2 0 0

I have two messages that I am unsure how to clear.

You need to submit additional details about your business to continue accepting payments.

Any information you submit is stored securely and only used for verification purposes. 

#1. Business Address - it is not registering my address

#2. My LLC Name

Help Center states I need to upload addition documentation, but I do not see where I do this in my Admin page. 

Replies 3 (3)

Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 171

Hey, @jamiegoulas

When it comes to document verification and our teams requesting such files from you, we always refer you to the red banner in your admin. It should state what is happening as well as providing a space to upload such documents. 

If you are not seeing this within the red banners, are you able to share exactly what these banners are saying on your end? 

We also refer you to any direct emails from our Accounts Teams that are handling such matters for us. Responding to those correspondences will allow for you to get the information you needed regarding this particular situation. 

When it comes to the documents being requested, please refer to some of these tips regarding the kinds of documents we accept: 

• The name and address will need to match the information on file completely to be verified.
  • Do not cover or blur any of the information on the document, this renders it invalid.
  • If a driver’s licence was used for the Photo ID request, it cannot be used to verify the address. However, if a passport was used for the ID verification we can verify the address with a driver’s licence.
  • A utility bill is an ideal proof of address, however, not everyone pays utilities. In this case please ask them to provide what they do have and leave a note in the comments section.
  • It's very common for some merchants to say they do not have Utility Bills in their name. If this is the case, please review the list of appropriate documents for their country (see below) and ask them to submit one of those. A Bank Account Statement is the most common secondary document.
  • For Utility Bills and Bank Account Statements, the document cannot be older than 6 months.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

jamiegoulas
Visitor
2 0 0

I sent an email to support and they put in an escalation ticket after seeing what I've attached here. I don't have any place to upload the information I need to proceed. 

It's a little frustrating. 

It won't recognize my address or LLC/EIN.

Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 171

Thanks for sharing those screenshots. 

Were you not able to click on those buttons inside the banners? (verify address or submit details). Those links should lead you to where you can upload documents as well as an area to notate any comments regarding about the documents you are submitting. This is the best place to provide any further explanation so our team can get a better picture of your business. 

Also, it's great that you reached out to Support for this to be escalated. We receive an array of documents so sometimes it is just a matter of being manually reviewed and manually pushed forward so definitely just keep an eye out for that response. They should be able to provide you with more store-specific information on how to resolve this matter. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.