Convert order PickUp to delivery

Solved
DaveClark
Excursionist
26 0 4

Customer ordered pickup as we had a bug with our local delivery, now fixed.

How can I convert that order from pickup to delivery?

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Nick
Community Moderator
4247 422 884

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @DaveClark,

It's not possible to change an order from pickup to delivery once it's already been created. The main reason for this is because the pickup doesn't require an address. 

From here the best next step is to create a clone draft order and then set paid to manual where you can put in the cost for the order which would have already been paid. You can see more about this in the duplicate an existing order help guide below:

Nick | Community Moderator @Shopify 

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)
Nick
Community Moderator
4247 422 884

Hi @DaveClark,

Great question. It's difficult to troubleshoot the next steps here without seeing the full order. Just to confirm, the customer has the product now which you delivered but the order status is showing as "Unfullfilled"? 

Can you give me any other details or let me know exactly what the order states, please? 

In the meantime I'll link the Managing your orders help guide from Shopify here which might have some further insight for you. 

Also, if you'd like to speak to someone in real time, don't hesitate to reach out to an advisor by logging in here. They will be able to verify your store and look at the order status directly to offer some more detailed assistance. 

DaveClark
Excursionist
26 0 4

Its stating unfulfilled.  With the options "Mark as picked up" and "Ready for pickup".  PDF attached.

I have all of the delivery details and want (will) deliver it but want to convert to "ready for delivery" / "mark as delivered".  I though that would be a simple step.

Not that it matters but I haven't delivered it yet.  

I discussed with the customer who brought the bug to my attention, I've fixed it and he knows I'm delivering tomorrow. 

Thanks for the other tips.

DaveClark
Excursionist
26 0 4

Hi Nick.   There was no solution given.

I cannot convert a pickup order to delivery.  Is it possible to do that?

Nick
Community Moderator
4247 422 884

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @DaveClark,

It's not possible to change an order from pickup to delivery once it's already been created. The main reason for this is because the pickup doesn't require an address. 

From here the best next step is to create a clone draft order and then set paid to manual where you can put in the cost for the order which would have already been paid. You can see more about this in the duplicate an existing order help guide below:

View solution in original post

DaveClark
Excursionist
26 0 4

I'll accept as a solution.  However, if the customer were to have included an address, the order could be converted from Pickup to Delivery.  One for your developers to ponder.

Nick
Community Moderator
4247 422 884

That's great feedback @DaveClark!

I'll make a feature request about this on your behalf so the development team is aware of it for future consideration! Thanks again.