Converting Variants into Individual Products

MIRRORS
2 0 3

Hi

I was just wondering if there is an easy way to convert variants in individual products?

I have a lot of products with different size variants and now as there is a change in policy, I need to convert those variants to individual products.

The only way I can think of is exporting to excel and then converting and importing.

I appreciate any help please.

Replies 3 (3)
JarvisColtrane
Shopify Expert
267 1 16

Hi, the fastest way would be export & import. I'm not aware of any app that could do this automatically.

Jarvis @ Kaleido
- Slow Shopify Store? Install our PageSpeed Magic app.
- Have more questions? Feel free to email me.
- My reply helped? Click Like to show me some love!

Ross_Angus
Excursionist
14 0 2

I appreciate that this is an old question, but here's how I solved this issue:

1. Duplicate the original product
  2. In the duplicate, delete all variants except one
  3. In the original product, delete the variant which represents the new product

This might be enough to solve your problem, but I wanted the new product to be a normal product, not a product with a single variant. However, when I deleted the one remaining variant, all of the variant's data was copied automagically into the product, giving me exactly the effect I was after.

ProfitLabs
Shopify Partner
77 5 11

Hi,

One thing to note here is shopify puts a hard limit on number of products, just research it before taking up this exercise .

Abhinav | Shopify Partner
- If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution.
- if you Want to modify or Customize your theme , Please contact me directly at abhinav@profitlabs.shop
- Creator of Profit Bundles - Easily Track Inventory for Multi SKU Bundles, Gift Boxes, Packs, Bogo .